- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 January 2020
- 11 hrs ago Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- 12 hrs ago 11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- 13 hrs ago Did You Know These Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Before Bed
- News Haryana NTSE Level 1 results 2019 declared
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Motion Activated Night Light 2 Launched At Rs. 599 In India
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 11 Worldwide Box Office: Film Maintains A Winning Streak
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Many people are under the opinion that, as they grow up, sons become closer to their fathers and daughters relate to their mothers more.
However, contrary to that belief, mothers and sons share a special bond and although sons may look up to their fathers, they tend to listen to their mothers' words more.
A mother, who nurtures the children, is a person who is most cherished by them.
Raising daughters and raising sons are slightly different, as the thought processes, interests and behaviour patterns of boys are different from that of the girls.
Also Read: Best Ways To Take Care Of A Sick Kid
Most boys, right from the age of 5, tend to be extremely naughty and over-active, so mothers of boys need to equip themselves with a whole new set of parenting skills.
There are many things that need to be taught to the growing boys, especially in this day and age, where gender roles are no longer stereotyped and people are moving beyond them.
So, as a mother here are a few important things you can teach your son, before he turns 18, take a look.
1. The Kitchen Is Not Just For The Girls
Every mother should teach her son about the importance of gender equality and also try to break certain stereotypes that make boys feel that cooking and household chores are only for the girls.
2. Basic Cooking Skills
Right from the time your boy turns about 12, you can start teaching him basic cooking skills. Cooking is a life skill that every person needs to know.
3. Refraining From Physical Violence
A mother should let her son know that resorting to physical violence, in any situation, is absolutely wrong.
4. Respecting Women
It is important for the mothers to teach their sons how to be respectful towards women and to look at them as equals.
5. It Is Okay To Be Emotional
Many parents tend to chide their sons when they exhibit emotions or cry, this can lead to certain psychological disorders later on in life. Let your son know that it is okay to cry or be emotional when he feels the need to vent it out.
6. The Importance Of Kindness
Many a times, boys are expected to be aggressive and "macho", contrary to that stereotype, mothers should let their sons know how important it is to be kind and empathetic towards others.
7. Basic Life Skills
Along with cooking, mothers can also teach their sons other life skills such as how to work with tools, household chores, first-aid, etc.