- 14 min ago What Does Your Handshake Reveal About Your Personality
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 January 2020
- 13 hrs ago What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency And How To Treat It
- 14 hrs ago Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- Finance Gold Steady Even As Stock Markets Around World Hit Record Highs
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite India Launch Confirmed For January 21
- Movies Game Of Thrones Spin Off 'House of The Dragon' To Air In 2022
- Sports KL Rahul gets thumbs up from Kuldeep, watches videos of Steve Smith, AB de Villiers
- News NBF brings financial accountability in BBMP to the fore after 5 years of relentless fight
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
If you are a parent, you should spend at least 15 minutes on this article.
Today, there are a lot of kids who are addicted to their mobile phones and laptops.
Parents who encourage their children into these gadgets should be careful, as there are a lot of things available online that can create a whole new different and disturbing world for your little one.
Watching over what your child sees online and goes through is quite important, as you become aware of what is happening in your child's life. To keep your kids safe online, the first thing every parent should do is to provide a safe security password.
Also Read: Should Kids Be Allowed On Facebook?
You can also opt parental settings for the gadget, and in this way at least 50 per cent of the gadget will be secured from the hands of your child.
On the other hand, if you want to sync your account to your child's gadget, it is also possible and extremely necessary.
So, parents, wait no more, here are some of the best ways to keep your kids safe online:
Keep Them In Your Sight: If you want your child to access your mobile phone or your computer, keep him/her under the scanner. Watch them while they Google or when on the internet. In this way, they will be aware that you are guarding what they see and will be careful about using the internet.
Limit Their Usage: As a parent, limit their usage. This is the next best step you'll need to take when you give your child access to the internet or your mobile phone. By limiting their access, your child will control his/her urge to see things that he/she should not be seeing on the web.
Teach Them About Online Strangers: Make sure that you teach your child about online strangers. Let them know a little about cyber crime too. Explain to them the importance of securing their gadget and their information.
Become Friends With Your Child's Contacts: If need be, make your child's friends your friends. In this way, you will in some way be a part of your child's life and be aware of his or her surroundings where the internet is concerned.
Go Through The History: Once in a way, go through the history of your child's gadget. As a parent, you should be aware of what your child is looking through, without your presence.