- News Jharkhand election 2019: Ignored by BJP, 'Rebel' Saryu Roy may take on Raghubar Das
- Technology Top 5 Apps To Mirror Android Screen To PC
- Movies AVTA 2019 Winners List: Harshad Chopda, Erica Fernandes & Others Bag Awards
- Sports ATP Finals: Thiem dethrones Zverev to set up Tsitsipas final
- Automobiles Bajaj Working On A More Powerful Electric Scooter To Be Sold Under KTM Or Husqvarna Branding
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Finance Anil Ambani And 4 Others Resign As RCom Directors
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Children lie almost all the time. It is one of the many things they love to do, in order to escape from the eyes and attention of their parents.
If you want your little ones to stop this act, it is better to sit them down and discuss with them the repercussions of what might happen if they tend to make lying a habit.
As a parent, you cannot stop a child from lying in a minute; you need to take it nice and slow, understand the child and then go ahead into training him/her to be honest and to love the truth.
However, the many reasons why children lie is also due to peer pressure and other factors.
Today, Boldsky brings to you a few reasons on why experts think kids lie. If you take a look at these factors, you will soon begin to understand your child and this in turn will help to make your relationship to grow better and turn deeper.
Also Read: What Happens To Children When Parents Fight?
So, what are you waiting for? Take a look at these reasons on why children tend to lie.
To Get Out Of A Situation: In order to move out from a situation they are in, children tend to lie. This is kind of a security feeling for the child, in which they believe that only if they lie they can be saved from a difficult situation.
Due To Peer Pressure: Peer pressure can be really hard for a growing child. When the child is under a lot of pressure, he or she is compelled to do things that they don't like, just to be accepted in the group. Therefore, parents should keep an eye on peer pressure and seek to help their child.
To Get Attention From Others Around: Children will do anything to seek attention from those around them. If your child has been acting a little weird of late and wanting to seek attention from you as well, it is something to worry about.
Because Lying Becomes A Habit: When lying becomes a habit and parents don't intervene to do something about it, the child begins to think that lying is okay and normal. This is one of the common reasons why children love to lie. They find it to be a cool act too.
Because The Child's Behaviour Is Never Checked: When a parent notices that the child is lying, the child needs to be corrected that very minute. If you as a parent fail to correct your child and teach him/her right from wrong, the child will continue to do so.