- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 13 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 15 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 15 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- News Armed Forces Flag Day: PM Modi salutes indomitable courage of Indian forces
- Finance Bluechip Stock GAIL @52-Week Low; What's Hitting The Stock?
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Govinda’s Daughter Tina Supports Aarti Singh; Says She's Strong-headed And Friendly
- Sports La Liga joint leaders Barcelona and Real Madrid back in action
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Has anyone ever asked you if you are an overprotective parent? Well, in a majority of cases, you may not know what answer is to be given to this question. So, if you are still unsure about the signs of an overprotective parent, you must read this article to know more.
Being protective means you love your child and also give your child his/her freedom of choice. Whereas, being an overprotective parent means that you love your child, but don't allow him/her to move out of your set boundaries.
Overprotection can have just the reverse consequence of your actual intention. Being an overprotective parent, you may think that you are offering a protective shield to your kid; however, it can have an opposite result. Thus, before it is too late, read on to know about the various signs of being overprotective parents:
You Escort Them Wherever They Go
If you always go along with your kids everywhere they go, then you are being an overprotective parent. If your kids are going somewhere with other trusted acquaintances or family members and you cannot leave them because of your infinite apprehensions, then you are most likely to be an overprotective parent.
You Are Too Probing
Being a responsible parent you already know the normal activities of your kids on a daily basis. However, if you are adamant on knowing each and every detail about them every day, then it can be a problem. This is also a sign of overprotection, which can create a bad impression on your kids' mind that you don't have faith in them.
You Build Too Many Protected Zones
If you create a lot of safety zones for your kids, then they will never be able to recognise the outer world. Your kids are in their growing phase when they need to interact with many other kinds of people. It is essential for them to make friends and join in a variety of activities to experience the real essence of life.
You Don't Value Their Privacy
Sometimes, kids don't want to share a few things with you like they may lock their drawers or just shut their rooms.
You need to respect their privacy, which is a human need. Your kids also have their individual views and thoughts, which they may not want to share with you or anyone else. Not respecting the privacy of kids is a sign that you are being an overprotective parent.
You Don't Allow Them To Take Their Decisions
If you don't allow your kids to take their own decision, they are likely to be deficient in the crucial life skills. They will lack the decision-making skills. They will not be able to take important career decisions or other life-changing decisions. This can also result in a low self-esteem and low confidence level in their future course.
You Never Allow Your Kids To Fail
There is no doubt that any kind of failure is upsetting. But, the fact is, we all have to face failure at some or the other point in life. For instance, your kid has been allotted a project, which needs to be done and submitted within a day; and he/she is not worried about it at all.
In such a situation, just tell him/her once and turn your back, and there's no need to keep reminding him/her again and help him/her do the project. If even after telling your kids, they doesn't listen, let them face the results.
You can be rest assured that the next time your child will definitely show some responsibility. Let them face the failure, so that they can deal with it in the future.
You Are Always Ready To Solve Their Problems
This is another sign of being an overprotective parent. Your kid may be striving to solve a Mathematics problem, leave him/her alone instead of solving it immediately for him/her.
Let them put their mind to it and solve the problem on their own. This way, they will feel a sense of achievement and it will also boost their self-confidence.