- 7 hrs ago Vidya Balan's Shakuntala Devi Poster Look Is About Red Floral Sari And A Bob Hairdo
- 7 hrs ago Skincare Routine Step 4: Essence - What Is It And How To Use It
- 7 hrs ago World Patient Safety Day 2019: Significance And How Hospitals Ensure Patient Safety
- 8 hrs ago Tiger Shroff Stylishly Takes A Dig At War Co-star Hrithik Roshan With His Krrish Tee
- Movies Street Dancer 3D: Nora Fatehi Says Varun Dhawan & Shraddha Kapoor Took Her Under Their Wings
- News IRCTC Bharat Darshan tour package from MP to Gujarat: Check date, fare and tour details
- Technology GTA: San Andreas Available For Free: Download Now Using Rockstar Games Launcher
- Sports Svitolina through in Guangzhou, Wang crashes out
- Automobiles Renault Kwid Facelift Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, popularly known as ADHD, is one of the common childhood disorders that can prolong till adolescence or adulthood. Some of its symptoms include difficulty in paying attention, hyperactivity, getting distracted easily, restlessness, poor listening skills, learning disability and impulsiveness.
ADHD is more common in children with learning disabilities. Children associated with ADHD also face certain other problems such as sleep and anxiety disorders. The exact cause for ADHD is unknown. In most cases, the disorder runs in the family. This disorder is most common among boys than girls.
There is no medication available for this disorder . However, the symptoms of this disorder can be reduced by giving an emotional support, proper advice and parent's support. It can be quite challenging to handle children with this disorder, hence the parents must give their best to the child.
Some issues that can arise in the day-to-day life of such parents can include getting the child to sleep at night, social occasions, being organised to the child's needs, getting him/her ready for school on time. In this article, we at Boldsky will be sharing with you some of the useful tips to improve a child's ADHD behaviour at home. Read on to know more about it.
Think About The Root Cause Of The Behaviour: Always think about the root cause before yelling at your kid. A child's misbehaving may just cause you grief. Try to know the root cause in such cases. Find out if your child needs extra attention and care. Focus on dealing with the cause rather than the behaviour.
Help Your Child Understand Social Cues: Many kids associated with ADHD have a hard time in understanding the emotion behind a statement. He/she may fail to notice the impatience in your voice, unless you get angry.
Change Your Behaviour: If your child is misbehaving or is not listing to you, there is a need to change your behaviour. Behave in a way that your child can adapt to easily. For example, if you don't want your child to yell at you then stop yelling at your child. Their behavioural changes can make a lot of difference.
Focus On The Positive: Always focus on the positive aspect. Praise your child if he/she has done something good. For example, if he/she responds to you and listens to you. Build confidence in him/her. Explain things to him/her patiently.
Redirect A Child's Behaviour: Instead of focusing on the negative traits or correcting your child over and over again, focus more on the positive aspects and redirect his/her attention to the positive activity. Make sure to appreciate your child in whatever he/she does.