- 6 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 9 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 10 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 10 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Aditya Roy Kapur Says Shooting For Malang Reminded Him Of His Younger Days In Goa
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
A child between the ages of one to three years is traditionally called as a toddler. At this age he is bubbling with energy and requires intense cognitive, physical and mental stimulation to assist him in growing up.
Most of the milestones which are considered essential during this stage also focus on activities to keep the toddler active & his physical abilities while growing up.
A child who is one has a developmental milestone of walking alone without assistance from his parents, while a child of two is expected to climb the furniture or blocks with little or no help. This is one of the ways to keep toddler active.
A three year old toddler can run, climb chairs to sit and move up and down the steps as per the developmental milestones placed for him. These kinds of activities keep your toddler active.
Such activities focus on the importance of physical and cognitive workout and activities which keep him occupied not only physically but also mentally.
The activities and interests done with the child at this stage not only keep him occupied but also play a very important role in his unconscious learning process.
Some of the ways to keep the toddler active leading to his better growth are:
Play Hide & Seek
Nothing is more fun for a child than a game of hide and seek or peek-a-boo. It is also one of the best ways to keep the toddler active as a child uses his brain as well as energy to search for you or hide himself.
Blow up a few balloons of different colours in the form of activities to keep the toddler active as he would have immense fun trying to recognize colours and catch the balloons flying in the air.
Children love dancing and it is one of the best activities to keep the toddler active. Put on some nursery rhymes that would get the child’s feet moving and it would assist him in learning the rhymes as well.
Play some indoor games with the child like flash cards or colouring that he enjoys. You can even bring in some musical instruments for him to explore his interest and aptitude.
Walkers & Tricycles
Take him out for a walk on a tricycle or a walker around the house. This would exhaust his physical energy along him giving him time to look around and take in the scenery.
Children love water! Buy him a small baby pool and place some toys inside it. Let the child enjoy the water and explore the toys but, remember to watch him as water is not safe for the child to be alone with.
Take the child to the park in the evening as children learn best in the company of other children. Let him learn to make friends and enjoy rides with them.
Build mud castles together as it not only focuses on the activity and mind stimulation of the child but also gives the two of you time to bong and enjoy together.