- News News broadcasters seek parity in GST with print media after meeting FM Sitharaman
- Finance SBI Slashes Recurring Deposit Rate
- Technology Microsoft India Announces Discount For Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live Gold Price Subscription
- Sports Hit by Cummins, Shikhar Dhawan could be available for series-decider in Bengaluru
- Movies Game Of Thrones Spin Off 'House of The Dragon' To Air In 2022
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
It is easy for the kids to get threatened by even very low levels of violence, between the parents. It will get them at an increased risk of developing trauma symptoms.
The children who witness violence between their mother and her intimate partner report fewer trauma symptoms, if they don't perceive the violence as threatening.
Even very low levels of violence, if interpreted as threatening by children, can influence the development of trauma in children. It can become an upsetting stressful event for the baby, which may haunt all its life.
The study of 532 children and their mothers, participated the study conducted by the researchers. They looked at the link between intimate partner violence and trauma symptoms in children. The families were recruited from communities in the urban Dallas area.The researchers presented their findings at the "National Summit on Interpersonal Violence and Abuse Across the Lifespan: Forging a Shared Agenda in Dallas.