- 8 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 13 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 17 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 18 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- Movies Mohanlal Was The Only Choice For Big Brother, Says Siddique
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Hetmyer and Hope fire West Indies to victory
- News Tension prevails in AMU against CAA after Jamia Millia Islamia, cops use batons, teargas
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
When the Master of Ceremonies saw him in his ragged cloak, he seated him in the most inconspicuous place, far from the great table where the most important people were waiting on hand and foot.
Nasruddin saw that it would be an hour at last before the waiters reached where he was sitting. So he got up and went home.
He dressed himself in a magnificent sable cloak and turban and returned to feast. As soon as the heralds of the Emir, his host, saw this splendid sight they started to beat the drum of welcome and sound the trumpets befitting a visitor of high rank.
The Chamberlain came out of the palace himself, and conducted the magnificent Nasruddin to a place almost next to the Emir.
A dish of wonderful food was immediately placed before him. Without a pause, Nasruddin began to rub handfuls of it into his turban and cloak.
"Your Eminence," said the prince, "I am curious as to your eating habits, which are new to me."
"Nothing special," said Nasruddin; "the cloak get me in here and got me the food. Surely it deserves it portion."