- 1 hr ago Heat Exhaustion: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 2 hrs ago Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, And More Won Us With Their Outfits At Charlie's Angels Premiere
- 2 hrs ago Diabetes Insipidus In Children: Causes, Types, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 3 hrs ago So, What Is So Special About Deepika Padukone's Anniversary Sari
- News Congress, Shiv Sena, NCP hold meeting to discuss Common Minimum Programme
- Sports India vs Bangladesh, 1st Test: Indian pace attack in one of the most lethal in world cricket: Ashwin
- Movies Music Director Anu Malik Denies All The Sexual Harassment Allegations Levelled Against Him
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Starts Winter Service Camp: Offers Free Check Ups, Complimentary Washes & More
- Technology Microsoft Brings Its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate To India For Just Rs. 50
- Finance Deadline To File GST Returns Extended; Forms Simplified
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
It is a fact that women of the previous generation got pregnant effortlessly. Today, the percentage of women suffering from fertility issues is increasing.
This applies to men too. The sperm count in today's men is much less compared to the men of the previous generation, says a study.
In this post, let us discuss the reason why today's women are finding it difficult to get pregnant. Here are some general issues that are delaying pregnancy in many women.
The cervix acts like a passage between the uterus and the vagina. After intercourse, the sperm needs to reach the uterus via the cervix. So, if there are any issues in the cervix, fertilisation of the egg may take many attempts.
The vaginal environment needs to be favourable for fertilisation of the egg. Very low or high pH levels may prove counter productive for the egg fertilisation.
Uterine fibroids, scar tissue, infections, fallopian tube issues, endometriosis, polyps and certain other medical conditions could cause reproductive issues.
Any condition that hinders the movement of the sperm cell till the egg can delay pregnancy. Any condition that slows down the movement of the egg to the uterus may cause pregnancy issues.
Even polycystic ovarian syndrome could disturb the process of ovulation and could delay pregnancy.
Even normal issues like heavy alcohol consumption, obesity, irregular menstrual cycles and cysts could cause pregnancy issues.
Women who try to get pregnant after 35 may also find it difficult to get pregnant fast. With age, certain issues may occur.
Firstly, the quality of the eggs may decline, secondly, the number of eggs could decrease. Thirdly, the ovaries may lose their capacity to release the egg.
Women with very low levels of body fat may also take more time to get pregnant. Even sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea, chlamydia and pelvic inflammatory disease may also cause infertility.