- 2 hrs ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 2 hrs ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 3 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- 18 hrs ago Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Movies Leaving Salman Khan Behind, Shahid Kapoor Reacts To Uri & Kabir Singh Being The Most Liked Films
- News Sidhu's resignation accepted, forwarded to Punjab Governor
- Automobiles Toyota’s Accessible People Mover To Debut At Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020
- Technology Samsung Wireless Power Bank: Fast-Charging Comes To Power Banks
- Sports CoA stuns BCCI, Lodha asking India captain, coach to decide on WAG travel schedule
- Finance Canada’s Brookefield To Invest Rs 25,215 Cr In Reliance’s Tower Trust
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Is ultrasound harmful? Is ultrasound safe for foetus? During pregnancy, you tend to frequently go for blood tests, routine checkups and ultra sound scans to ensure that everything goes perfect.
During the first trimester, ultrasound scans are done mainly to evaluate the health of the foetus. But is ultrasound scan safe in pregnancy? Of course, your doctor won't allow you to go for a scan if it isn't safe.
But what if too many scans aren't safe? How much is too much? If you have such doubts, then read on...
Is Ultrasound Safe For Foetus?
There isn't any evidence that claims that ultrasound is dangerous to the mother or the baby during pregnancy.
What's Ultra Sound?
It is nothing but usage of sound waves which are of high frequency. Those waves help in detecting the growth and development of the foetus.
How Else Do Scans Help?
Scans help in detecting any abnormalities in the ovaries, amniotic fluid as well as the placenta too.
Why It Is Safe?
Ultrasound scan doesn't involve harmful radiation and therefore, it isn't harmful during pregnancy. It is different from X ray or the CT scan.
Does It Cause Birth Defects?
No. The current studies claim that ultrasound scanning doesn't result in birth defects, cancer or any other developmental issue in the foetus.
When Is It Used More?
High risk pregnancies need more scanning. Mothers who have conditions like high BP or diabetes may need to frequently check the status of the foetus through scans.
Too much of anything is bad and the same applies to even ultra sound scans. One issue is with the heat.
These scans raise the temperature of the bones and the internal environment. Though current studies say that it isn't so harmful, it is better to use the scanning technology in moderation.