- Technology Nokia 7.2, Nokia 6.2, Nokia 9 PureView Get Price Cut Up To Rs. 3,500
- Movies AVTA 2019 Winners List: Harshad Chopda, Erica Fernandes & Others Bag Awards
- News Jharkhand Polls: Cong fields Gourav Vallabh against CM Raghubar Das from Jamshedpur East
- Sports Afghanistan vs West Indies, 2nd T20I: Janat picks 5/11 as Afghanistan level series against West Indies
- Automobiles Bajaj Working On A More Powerful Electric Scooter To Be Sold Under KTM Or Husqvarna Branding
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Finance Anil Ambani And 4 Others Resign As RCom Directors
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Pregnancy is surely a period which demands many sacrifices from a woman. Even if you are tempted to eat your favourite junk food, you can't do that when you are pregnant.
Apart from that, even cosmetics are also in the list of things that are to be avoided by pregnant women. But why? Well, exposure to certain chemicals is bad during pregnancy.
Also Read: Tips For Brain Development Of Your Baby
What are the cosmetics which should be kept at a distance and why? Well, let us discuss about that in this post.
Endocrine disruptors! Keep them away! Products that contain ingredients that are endocrine disruptors are dangerous during pregnancy. Why? They impact your hormones.
Names Of Some Endocrine Disruptors
BPA, atrazine, phthalates, dioxin and perchlorate are some of the endocrine disruptors.
What Do They Do?
They affect your endocrine system, could cause birth defects, tumours and even developmental issues in the foetus. They disturb hormonal action.
Where Do You Find Them?
They are in most of the cosmetics. For example, perfumes contain phthalates.
What To Do?
Either avoid using cosmetics or choose products which are free of such ingredients like BPA, phthalates and parabens.
Even some prescription beauty products like lotions or creams could be harmful to the foetus. Without consulting your gynecologist it is better not to use any skin care product during pregnancy.
What About Hair Dye?
If your hair colour contains ammonia, avoid it. It could affect both lungs and skin.
Methylbenzene and toluene are harmful ingredients present in some nail polish products. Both of them have a carcinogenic effect.
Hair Removal Cream? Lipstick?
Even creams used for hair removal are toxic. They contain thioglycolic acid. Try to avoid the usage of cosmetics as much as possible during pregnancy. Consult your gynecologist if you have any doubts about this.