- 1 hr ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 4 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 5 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 6 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Actor Vijay Verma Is All Set To Star In Reema Kagti’s New Web Series Titled Fallen
- News CAB protest: UGC NET exam in Assam, Meghalaya postponed; govt employees to cease work on Dec 18
- Sports Guwahati T20 International: BCCI, Assam CA to 'monitor' situation
- Technology How To Get Numeric Keypad In Windows
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Home pregnancy test kits are a good way to know what's going on with your romantic life. But wait; are they totally reliable?
Well, it is always better to go to a gynecologist's clinic to confirm your pregnancy or lack of it. Home test kits are only partially reliable.
Also Read: Interesting Facts About Pregnancy
But they allow privacy and that is why they are used widely. Also, couples who haven't yet married, feel uncomfortable to go to a clinic for a pregnancy test. That is one reason why they choose a home test kit. But here are some reasons why it isn't a good idea...
The test kit comes with a set of instructions. When they aren't followed properly, the results may not be accurate!
After some time, the test kit turns dry (the urine drops evaporate). That is when both of the lines in test kit appear dark and that looks like a 'positive' result.
Also Read: How To Tighten Loose Belly Skin After Pregnancy
The test kit works by detecting HCG levels present in the women's urine. Testing a bit early could give a false negative result.
Some test kits deliver false positive reports. When it is an unplanned pregnancy, a false positive creates panic.
Also Read: Myths About Lovemaking During Pregnancy
For couples who are trying hard to conceive, a false negative could cause depression.
Apart from all these things, surveys claim that single women who get a false positive feel guilty and try home abortion methods that are dangerous to health.
Some medications can also impact the test results showing a false negative or a false positive.
Also Read: Physiological Changes During Pregnancy
Some drugs that contain HCG, some tranquilizers, some diuretics and some other medications could also interfere with the test results.
Even certain medical problems like liver issues and tumours (reproductive) could kill the accuracy of the test results.