Cancer is life threatening. But some people may manage to win over the condition after a courageous battle. But will they be able to conceive after fighting cancer?
A new study says that women who battle cancer and manage to survive may have lower chances of getting pregnant compared to other women.
Also Read: Lung Cancer Ups Suicide Risk In Men
Though this news is a bit disturbing, it is important to know about the facts related to cancer and fertility levels after survival. Here are they.
Types Of Cancer
Do all types of cancers affect fertility? Yes, say researchers. Women who are diagnosed with cancer before getting pregnant in their lives may find it tough to get pregnant after surviving cancer.
Preservation Of Fertility
Preservation of fertility is the new focus of researchers and that is why more methods are being studied to save fertility.
Percentage Of Risk
Cancer can reduce the fertility rate by almost 50%. Actually, both cancer and the treatment methods of cancer take a toll on the body on various levels and fertility may take a blow too.
In fact, radiotherapy and chemotherapy are not easy to handle. They too may hit fertility up to an extent as the uterus and ovaries may undergo damage at some level.
Researchers examined more than 23000 women who survived cancer to come to this conclusion.
Also Read:Early Symptoms Of Pancreatic Cancer
Researchers opine that there should be fertility preservation methods in place in order to avoid this problem.
Maybe scientists may soon find a way out. Researchers are currently trying to discover fertility preservation methods for young female cancer patients.
- Working Night Shifts May Increase Risk of Heart Disease, Stroke and Cancer
- Can I Have A Baby After Cancer?
- Sonali Bendre's New Look : Chemotherapy Hair Loss Tips
- The Dangers Of Excess Belly Fat
- Here Are 5 Dangerous Symptoms Of Anal Cancer To Beware Of!
- Sonali Bendre Cancer: 12 Foods to Prevent Cancer
- Sonali Bendre Diagnosed With High Grade Stage 4 Cancer
- Here's How Red Wine Can Prevent Cancer
- Here's How The Tempting Smell Of BBQ Affects Your Health
- The Huge Benefits Of Eating Well Left Researchers Amazed!
- Did You Know About These Amazing Benefits Of Strawberries?
- Cancer Could Be Cured By Drinking Baking Soda With Water