- News Law and order has broken down, Modi is 'mute', says Cong as crimes against women continues
- Technology Netflix Plans To Invest Rs. 3,000 Crore On Content In India
- Sports Eubank wins by second-round TKO after Korobov hurts shoulder
- Movies Zee Rishtey Awards 2019 Winners List: Sriti Jha, Shabbir, Dheeraj, Shraddha & Others Bag Awards
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
A woman's body undergoes many changes during pregnancy. All those changes occur in order to prepare the body for the development of the foetus.
Some changes are not felt at the surface level but they occur inside whereas some changes have external manifestation.
Also Read: How Breast Milk Changes With Time
The human body is intelligent enough to do everything possible to help the baby step into the external world after 9 months. Let us discuss about what any mother goes through those 9 months...
Changes In Respiratory System
The rate of respiration increases. This is due to the growing demands of the foetus. Sometimes, breathlessness could also occur.
Changes In Urinary System
As the uterus expands, the bladder could experience some amount of pressure. Also, the kidneys tend to work harder to eliminate wastes. This could cause frequent urination.
Also Read: Myths About Lovemaking During Pregnancy
Changes In Cardiovascular System
Heart rate and cardiac output could increase due to the growing foetus. Blood pressure could decrease after the second trimester.
Changes In Abdomen
As the midsection expands to accommodate the baby, some women may experience pain at the sides of the abdomen. Some may also experience back pain as the body adjusts itself by realigning the muscles and skeleton to carry the baby.
Changes In Endocrine System
Metabolic rate could increase due to the hormonal surges. Some women could also experience hot flashes.
Also Read: Why You Must Wear A Maternity Belt
Changes In Gastrointestinal System
As the uterus bulges a bit, visceral organs could displace a bit due to which acid reflux could occur. In some women, constipation could also occur due to relaxation of certain muscles because of progesterone.
Changes In Breasts
Due to the rising progesterone and estrogen levels, tenderness of the breasts is commonly experienced by many women. Also, the size of the breasts could increase by the time of the delivery. This happens to prepare the body to feed the baby.
Also Read: Facts About Baby Kicks
Stretch marks could occur, hormones could cause nail and hair growth, feet could swell and body temperature could increase. This way, many changes occur in the body during pregnancy.