- 59 min ago Ratan Tata Wins Hearts Again, Invests In India's 1st Companionship Startup For Senior Citizens
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 18 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 19 hrs ago Easy Skincare Tips for College Students
- 20 hrs ago Discounts On Vitamin Supplements For Good Health And Improved Immunity: Get Up To 60% Off
- News Delhi HC orders FIR against BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain in rape case
- Finance Top 2 Companies Declare Upto 175% Final Dividend, Ex-date Tomorrow: See If You Own
- Technology James Webb Might Be The Rage But Hubble Telescope Isn’t Done Yet
- Movies Thiruchitrambalam Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Launched At Rs 3.99 Lakh - 24.9km/l Mileage
- Sports India vs Zimbabwe, 1st ODI: Toss Update, Playing 11, Harare Pitch Report, Captains' Comments
- Education AP EAMCET counselling 2022 is expected to commence on August 22
- Travel Krishna Janmashtami 2022: Famous Lord Krishna Temples in India
A surrogate is a substitute for another person to perform a particular role. A surrogate mother is a woman who carries a child in her uterus on behalf of another.
There are two kinds of surrogacies, namely, traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy. Let's us have a look at each of the types.
Also Read: Interesting Facts About Pregnancy
Traditional surrogate mothers use their own egg to be fertilized by the artificially inseminated sperm of the donor or of the father. The lady then carries the baby and delivers it for the parents to raise. As the egg utilized here is that of the surrogate, she is the biological mother of the child.
This is the most popular technique that is adopted widely nowadays. It is also called Invitro fertilization or IVF. In this method, the eggs are harvested from the biological mother and sperm from the biological father. After fertilization, the embryo is placed in the uterus of the surrogate mother.
A surrogate mother should possess certain characteristics that are desired by the parents. She should be both physiologically and psychologically healthy. It is better to find someone who doesn't have a history of miscarriage or other pregnancy-related issues. Various options are available now to find the best surrogate who meets all the requirements.
Finding a surrogate mother is not that easy. Here, we are going to share some of the best ways in which healthy surrogate mothers can be opted for.
How To Find A Suitable Surrogate Mother:
If you don't want to share your story of infertility with the public, just tell this to your close friends or relatives. This will be the best method to avoid a person who is doing it only for money.
Check With Your Clinic
Another possible way is to tell your doctor to arrange one for you if they know anyone who's interested. They may have connections with the previous surrogates and may help you to an extent.
Also Read: Physiological Changes During Pregnancy
Search In The Media
If you are feeling free to share this with the public this method is the best way to go with. Just give an advertisement in the newspapers, magazines, T.V. or local channels that you are in need of a surrogate.
It is also possible to set a blog or website of your own to reveal your infertility story. This will help you to find a surrogate who meets your demands.
Also Read: What Happens If You Postpone Pregnancy?
You can find many sites or articles regarding surrogacy on the Internet. If query or suggestion boxes are provided with it, you can mention that you are searching for one as well. They may contact you and can help you to select a suitable one.
Another method is to write yourself about the need of a surrogate mother in the social media sites and tell your friends and relatives to share this post as well. However, make sure to do a thorough background check before agreeing on one.
If you have a strong and friendly bond with yours' and your partner's coworkers, you could share your story with them as well. They will understand your feelings and may help you to find a surrogate.
Also Read: Ways To Know Whether You Are Pregnant
Various agencies are available nowadays that are known for providing surrogates. But it is imperative to check the agency's history while selecting one or speak with the former clients of the agency. They can help in finding a surrogate mother who would meet your criteria.
- basicsCouples Opting For Surrogacy Will Have To Buy 3-Year Health Insurance For Surrogate Mothers: Government
- healthParliament Passes Surrogacy Bill; Seeks To Constitute National Surrogacy Board
- basicsWhat Is Surrogacy? Why Are Couples Opting For Surrogacy? What Are The Legalities Of Surrogacy In India?
- bollywood wardrobeKoffee With Karan 7: Sonam Kapoor Nails Maternity Fashion in Black Off-Shoulder Gown!
- basics4 Weird Pregnancy Superstitions That Could Actually Be True For These Reasons
- prenatal8 Study-Based And Anecdotal Ways To Predict The Gender Of A Baby, By NCBI
- disorders cureWhat Is Double Didelphys Or Double Uterus? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors And Treatments
- basicsLaunch Of Mum2b : Expert Support For Expecting Mothers By Apollo Women’s Hospitals
- babyCovid-19 In Babies: Here's What To Expect & What You Should Do
- babyWhat Is Alagille Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- prenatalDoes Yoga Have Side Effects? What Pregnant Women And People With Ailments Should Know
- basicsExpert Article: Causes And Prevention Of Repeated IVF Failures