- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 08 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 4 hrs ago Amazon Great Freedom Sale 2022: Bring Home Boho Home Furnishing Items And Save Up To 70%
- 11 hrs ago Dustin Hoffman Birthday Special Irresistibly Versatile Actor Turns 85
- 19 hrs ago It’s Raining Offers On Amazon: Bag 60% Off On Handbags Today!
- Finance Irdai, To Revamp Grievance Redressal Mechanism, To Rename It 'Bima Bharosa'
- Movies Taapsee Pannu Reveals Why She Is Never Invited To Koffee With Karan!
- News 3 dead, several injured in stampede at Rajasthan temple
- Technology Wordle For August 8: Hints, Clues For Today’s Impossible Wordle
- Sports Commonwealth Games 2022, Day 11: India Schedule, Events List On August 8, Live Streaming, IST Time, TV Channel
- Education How Can MSc Business Analytics Boost Your Career Growth?
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Launched At Rs 1,49,900 - The Lightest Enfield
- Travel Phang Nga Bay: James Bond Island
As a prospective dad, taking care of your health is very crucial. Trying-to-conceive (TTC) couples have to make a variety of positive life changes if they are badly trying for a baby.
Positive life changes are important in improving fertility. If you and your partner are planning a pregnancy, you need to understand about the healthiness of your sperm.
It is important for you to know the various factors that can affect male fertility and then consider the steps that you need to take for your sperm to be healthy and a great performer.
The prominent cause of infertility in men is due to the presence of abnormal sperms. Sperm is usually affected by lifestyle factors. So what affects a sperm's motility?
Some of facts that have a bad effect on sperm quality are smoking, excessive drinking, weight and body mass index, acute viral illness, street drugs and hernias.
When sperm have defects, they turn out to have mis-shapen heads or crooked tails. This could possibly affect a sperm’s ability to reach and fertilize an egg.
In order to increase the sperm quality and the potential to conceive, it is imperative for men to increase the sperm's motility.
Sperm motility is about the way in which the sperm is able to traverse in the reproductive tract by smoothly wading forward through the vagina, which is past the women's cervix, and then getting a hold into the fallopian tubes.
So let’s find the various factors that affect sperm motility.
Working in a hot environment such as bakery or sitting for long hours has been associated to pump up the testicle temperature. Hot tubs and saunas can provisionally lower the sperm count. Extreme heat on the testicles would lead to a low sperm motility. It can never allow the sperm to mature. It would try to slow down sperm motility. If the temperature of the testicles reaches 98, the sperm production begins to cease.
Poor diet is one of the factors that have an effect on sperm motility. Poor diet and poor lifestyle can deteriorate and worsen the sperm's quality in young individuals. Even eating too much junk food would lower the sperm count. Men who diet high in saturated fat, in all probability, have 43% fewer sperms as well as 37% dwindle in the application of sperm.
Maintaining a healthy weight helps to keep your sperm in a good condition. If you are overweight with a BMI of 30 or higher, there is a chance of lessening the quantity as well as quality of your sperm.
Ageing can have an adverse effect on the sperm count and sperm motility. The quality of sperm diminishes as a man ages.
High fever can affect sperm motility. High fever has the same effect as overheating on a man's sperm. It is proven that in the sperm production process, the sperm concentration begins to lessen by around 35% following a high fever.
Vitamin deficiency happens to be one of the major factors that can affect sperm motility. It clearly leads to a lower sperm motility. Some vitamins and mineral deficiencies like zinc, selenium, vitamin B-12, folate and antioxidants can have a bad impact on the quality of the sperm.
Heavy drinking is harmful for a sperm. Men who drink heavily on a daily basis have lesser sperm counts as well as testosterone levels. If you have two drinks per day, it can have an unfavourable effect on the sperm production. Even stress and an unhealthy lifestyle can be an impediment for those waiting to boost the motility of their sperm.
Men who smoke regularly can injure the quality of their sperm. Smoking, in particular, affects a man's sperm motility. Moreover, it can even take longer for your partner to conceive, especially when you smoke quite heavily.
- disorders cureWhat Is Azoospermia, An Infertility Problem In Men? Is ‘3D-Printed Sperm’ A New Hope?
- wellnessWhat Are The Amazing Health Benefits Of Clove For Men?
- nutritionNational Walnut Day 2022: Evidence-Based Health Benefits Of Walnuts
- wellnessAre Carrots Good For Male Fertility?
- disorders cureOrchitis (Inflammation Of The Testicles): Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors And Treatments
- wellnessMen’s Health Month 2020: Myths And Facts About Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- basicsHow To Boost Your Sperm Count Naturally
- wellness8 Myths About Sperms And Semen Debunked!
- basicsWays In Which You Can Get Pregnant Without Penetration
- wellness11 Foods To Increase Sperm Count
- wellnessCan Air Pollution Affect The Sperm Quality?
- newsDid You Know That Sleep Affects Your Sperm? A New Study Finds