- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 January 2020
- 10 hrs ago What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency And How To Treat It
- 11 hrs ago Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- 13 hrs ago 10 Effective Natural Remedies For Treating Ear Pimples
- Finance 6 Best Midcap Mutual Funds To Invest For Solid Returns
- News Rulers for life: The challenge posed by. Putin, Xi becoming rulers for life
- Technology Poco F2 Lite With Snapdragon 765 And 5000 mAh Battery Live Images Hit The Web
- Movies Sarileru Neekevvaru Day 7 Box Office Collections: First Telugu Film To Cross 100 Crore In 2020!
- Sports Bapu Nadkarni demise: Sunil Gavaskar condoles his death of former India all-rounder; remembers him as 'helpful manager'
- Automobiles MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Once you become a parent, a lot of extra care is required to keep your home germ-free in order to keep your baby healthy.
Babies have very weak immunity and keeping them protected from germs can be very effective in preventing them from illnesses. And so deep cleaning your home before the arrival of a new baby is a good way to ensure everything is tidy and clean.
So, whether your due date is near or you just had your baby, clean and disinfect your household with the help of these tips:
1. Target the core areas
Cleaning products and medications should be kept away from a baby's sight and out of reach, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. Use a disinfectant for cleaning the floors, kitchen and bathroom. Over-the-top kitchen counters and floor mats should be kept clean and germ-free.
2. Leave your shoes outside
Leaving your shoes inside can bring a lot of bacteria and germs into the house. Even if guests are visiting, ask them to leave their shoes outside to ensure the floors are protected and germs are left outside.
3. Keep your windows open
The more ventilation inside your room, the better the air quality, which is especially necessary with a newborn around. Your room needs to have good air circulation as research shows that young infants who sleep in bedrooms with fans have a lesser risk of sudden infant death syndrome compared to babies who sleep in less ventilated rooms  .
4. Clean the surfaces of the kitchen
Daily clean your kitchen surfaces and sink with a disinfectant. Also, use a disinfectant immediately after you have prepared raw fish, poultry, or meat to limit the spreading of bacteria. Also cleaning the kitchen floor with a mop or rug is important.
5. Keep your bathroom clean
Bathroom is one of the most germ-filled areas in the house. So clean or disinfect every corner of the bathroom. Always use slippers whenever you are using the bathroom.
6. Wear your gloves while dusting
Wear your gloves while cleaning or dusting your furniture. Because after pregnancy your skin is too sensitive and cleaning things with bare hands can cause irritation. You may also risk transferring germs to your baby if your hands are not clean. In this way, you can keep your baby protected from germs.
Having a germ-free and clean home is extremely important when you bring your newborn. Even the toys or other objects that they are playing with should be clean. So, these tips can come in handy when you welcome your newborn baby.
-  Moon, R. Y., & Task Force on Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. (2016). SIDS and other sleep-related infant deaths: evidence base for 2016 updated recommendations for a safe infant sleeping environment.Pediatrics,138(5), e20162940.