- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
It would surprise you but a teenager recently lost his life due to a simple food allergy towards cheese. The boy in question was actually allergic to dairy and gluten.
Most of us think that a food allergy can simply give a rash and nothing else. But it can even cause anaphylactic shock!
Especially in children, food allergies could create havoc. The problem is with the immune system which hyper reacts when it mistakes food items to be foreign particles.
Foods That May Trigger Allergies
Though mild allergies are not life-threatening, if left untreated or ignored, they may turn fatal. Fish, milk, eggs, nuts and wheat are some items that may trigger allergies in kids.
How Do Food Allergies Manifest?
Well, they may start as rashes, itchy sensation and swelling. And then if the kid experiences breathing issues, wheezing or choking then it means that the reaction is not a minor one. Diarrhea, vomiting and cramping may follow.
In some kids, the symptoms may manifest as dizziness and some may even fall unconscious. In some it could cause bronchospasm which means constriction in the respiratory tract. In fact, death may occur when the breathing stops.
What To Do?
In some who are suffering from diabetes or asthma, food allergies cause more trouble. That is the reason why it is better to keep your kid away from the allergic substances. Currently, there is no way to prevent such mishaps. The only way out is avoiding the consumption of the allergic stuff.
In some kids, weaknesses and some allergies may vanish after they reach adulthood. So, you don't need to worry much about your kid's life.
But still, make it a point to keep all allergic foods away form your kid and consult a doctor if you see any allergy symptoms.