- Technology Upcoming Vivo Smartphones Highly Anticipated To Launch in 2020
- News Jharkhand Assembly Election LIVE: Stage set for third phase polling today
- Movies Chhapaak: Aamir Khan And Alia Bhatt Are Moved By The Trailer Of Deepika Padukone’s Film
- Sports India Vs West Indies: Records created in Wankhede T20I; Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma touch milestones
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
It would surprise you but a teenager recently lost his life due to a simple food allergy towards cheese. The boy in question was actually allergic to dairy and gluten.
Most of us think that a food allergy can simply give a rash and nothing else. But it can even cause anaphylactic shock!
Especially in children, food allergies could create havoc. The problem is with the immune system which hyper reacts when it mistakes food items to be foreign particles.
Foods That May Trigger Allergies
Though mild allergies are not life-threatening, if left untreated or ignored, they may turn fatal. Fish, milk, eggs, nuts and wheat are some items that may trigger allergies in kids.
How Do Food Allergies Manifest?
Well, they may start as rashes, itchy sensation and swelling. And then if the kid experiences breathing issues, wheezing or choking then it means that the reaction is not a minor one. Diarrhea, vomiting and cramping may follow.
In some kids, the symptoms may manifest as dizziness and some may even fall unconscious. In some it could cause bronchospasm which means constriction in the respiratory tract. In fact, death may occur when the breathing stops.
What To Do?
In some who are suffering from diabetes or asthma, food allergies cause more trouble. That is the reason why it is better to keep your kid away from the allergic substances. Currently, there is no way to prevent such mishaps. The only way out is avoiding the consumption of the allergic stuff.
In some kids, weaknesses and some allergies may vanish after they reach adulthood. So, you don't need to worry much about your kid's life.
But still, make it a point to keep all allergic foods away form your kid and consult a doctor if you see any allergy symptoms.