- 50 min ago Sahasrarjun (Rajarajeshwara) Temple: Architecture, Best Time To Visit, History And Significance
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 17 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- 16 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- Automobiles Honda Activa 6G Premium Edition Official Pics Out
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy That Can Zoom In The Short-Term
- News UP: Chocolates worth Rs 17 lakh stolen from a Cadbury godown
- Technology Best Laptops With 32GB RAM Available To Buy In India
- Movies Ali Asgar Reveals Reason Behind Quitting The Kapil Sharma Show; Opens Up About His Preparation For JDJ 10
- Sports Angela Lee - Xiong Jing Nan trilogy headlines ONE Fight Night 2
- Education IIM Bangalore's NSRCEL partners with Alstom to launch the Incubation Program to support startups
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
Can toddlers eat popcorn? When can kid eat popcorn? Well, the only problem with foods like popcorn is that it can result in choking!
Yes, it is better to avoid feeding your toddler with foods like popcorn until your kid crosses the age of 4 years.
Are you wondering why? Well, the pieces of the corn can get stuck in the teeth first and some of the fragments may get stuck in the throat and result in choking which is very dangerous at that age. Here are some more facts.
Is Popcorn A Choking Food?
If you are wondering why only popcorn is treated like a choking food then you will be surprised to know that even foods like candy, hot dogs, chewing gums, nuts and even grapes are foods in the list of choking foods. Yes, they are all dangerous.
What To Do?
It is better to avoid those choking foods till your kid reaches the age of four years. Waiting till your kid reaches a stage where he can chew the food thoroughly and swallow it may help.
How Does Choking Occur?
Any food that has chances to get stuck in the throat can be seen as a choking food. Why? Well, choking can cause injuries in toddlers. Statistics say that most of the choking hazards occur in the age group of 1-4 years.
Is It Life Threatening?
Yes, statistics claim that some kids even die due to choking. Annually, more than 10000 kids are getting admitted in hospitals due to choking injuries. This data is enough to know how dangerous choking could be!
What Else To Be Avoided?
It is better to avoid foods that are too sticky, too dry, too hard or foods that can't be broken down easily. The diameter of the food pipe of a baby is very small and therefore, you need to feed your baby carefully.
Snacks To Offer
It is better to slice the foods into very small pieces before feeding. You can try apples, bananas, peaches, pears and nectarines. Other foods like cherries, plums or grapes must be finely smashed to avoid choking. In case of veggies like potatoes, broccoli, peas, carrots and cauliflower, it is better to mash them well.
- recipesMonsoon Soup Recipe For Good Health: How To Prepare Dill Leaves And Corn Soup
- diabetesAre Cornflakes Good For People With Diabetes?
- recipesCorn Pulao Recipe: How To Make Corn Pulao
- diet fitnessCorn Or Babycorn; Which One Is Healthier For You?
- diet fitness9 Ketogenic Diet Foods To Avoid
- nutritionTop 12 Foods That Are Rich In Folate
- wellnessList Of 11 Foods You Can't Eat With Braces
- recipesTossed Paneer And Sweet Corn Pizza Recipe: How To Prepare Tossed Paneer And Sweet Corn Pizza At Home
- recipesMushroom And Corn Fricassee
- wellnessWhy Eating Corn Is Good During Monsoon
- disorders cureHome Remedies For Fatty Liver Disease & Foods To Avoid It
- nutritionIs Corn Actually A Healthy Snack?