- 5 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 8 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 8 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 8 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Lion Gold Awards 2020 Winners List: Shaheer, Hina, Jennifer, Shraddha, Dheeraj & Others Bag Awards
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Generally, children under the age of one year tend to love toys. They play with them. And these toys tend to be gender specific too which means, boys prefer a different set of toys whereas girls prefer different toys.
Boys love cars and bikes whereas girls like dolls and kitchen utensils. A new study claims that gender identity in the babies may also come into play when it comes to choosing dolls and toys.
And of course, it is not surprising when your boy picks up toys that signify manliness and your girl chooses feminine dolls.
A team of researchers carried out a study on babies to detect the role of gender in toy preferences and are surprised to understand that gender plays a role at such a young age.
Researchers used a set of toys that contained balls, diggers, teddy bears, cars, cooking utensils, and pretty dolls. Surprisingly the boys chose cars and balls whereas the girls chose dolls and cooking vessels. More than a hundred children participated in this study.
The results of the study proved that during early childhood itself, gender identity rules the preferences of children.
Inputs by IANS