- Finance BSE To Delist Two Companies From July 7
- Movies 20 Years Of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi: Ekta Kapoor Reminiscences Pitching The Show To Star Plus
- News Why prime minister of a strong India so weak, asks Cong on border standoff
- Technology BSNL Discontinues Rs.149 Postpaid Recharge Pack
- Sports Coronavirus pandemic prompted Ferrari decision to ditch Vettel
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki XL5 Spotted Testing Once Again In India
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Generally, children under the age of one year tend to love toys. They play with them. And these toys tend to be gender specific too which means, boys prefer a different set of toys whereas girls prefer different toys.
Boys love cars and bikes whereas girls like dolls and kitchen utensils. A new study claims that gender identity in the babies may also come into play when it comes to choosing dolls and toys.
And of course, it is not surprising when your boy picks up toys that signify manliness and your girl chooses feminine dolls.
A team of researchers carried out a study on babies to detect the role of gender in toy preferences and are surprised to understand that gender plays a role at such a young age.
Researchers used a set of toys that contained balls, diggers, teddy bears, cars, cooking utensils, and pretty dolls. Surprisingly the boys chose cars and balls whereas the girls chose dolls and cooking vessels. More than a hundred children participated in this study.
The results of the study proved that during early childhood itself, gender identity rules the preferences of children.
Inputs by IANS