- 39 min ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 3 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 4 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 4 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- News 13 hospitalised, 3 missing after building collapses in Delhi's Bhajanpura
- Movies Dance Plus 5: Shah Rukh Khan In Awe Of 'Fauji' Bhim Bahadur’s Performance
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Sports Pakistan trump Bangladesh to bag T20I series
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Child-rearing is no piece of cake. Often, the new mothers are told that they will get adjusted to the routine of taking care of their babies and in getting to know their infants quickly. But, most of the times, it is easier said that done.
Especially, when a woman becomes a mother for the first time, she faces a lot of challenges.
Most new mothers are not aware of how to care for their newborns, as it is an entirely new experience for them.
A lot of doubts and anxiety cloud the minds of the new mothers when it comes to caring for their infants.
Newborns are extremely fragile and need to be handled with care. Even slight negligence can lead to serious health complications.
It is very important to understand the needs of your newborn and adapt to the baby's routine and make changes to your lifestyle accordingly.
Many parents rock the child with a lot of force to calm them down and stop their crying. This may be quite harmful, as their delicate internal organs can get damaged. Gentle rocking is advisable.
Experts advise that stopping the breastfeeding practice earlier than necessary can lead to malnutrition and digestive disorders in a newborn, even if the baby is supplemented with other foods, as breast milk is the most nutritious for an infant.
Many times, mothers tend to forget and leave the feeding bottles in the child's mouth and the baby falls asleep. This may lead to the infant choking on the milk unconsciously.
Experts say that too much water should not be given to an infant below 6 months of age, as it may create an electrolyte imbalance in the body and also deplete the developing sodium levels.
Avoid lying the newborns down on their tummy or sides, as doing this is said to block their airways and lead to fatal health complications. It is advised to lie them down on their backs.
It is advised that, during the initial months, a pillow should be avoided while the newborn is lying down, as their spine and necks are still delicate and the elevation may lead to sprains or blockage of the respiratory ducts.
Many times, parents do not try to stop the newborn's non-stop crying, thinking that it is natural. However, experts say that doing this may induce mental trauma in the child and may also lead to conditions like deafness.
While it may take a while for the new mother to learn how to care for her child in an exceptional way, know that it is not rocket science.
New mothers gradually become natural at child-rearing. However, to make it easier for them, we have shared a few tips on some of the things that should be totally avoided when it comes to nurturing a newborn baby.