- just now Centre Advises Isolation Of Suspected Monkeypox Cases At Designated Health Facilities
- 1 hr ago Special Cactus Recipe: How To Prepare Indian Style Cactus Fry
- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 28 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 11 hrs ago Pre-Shave Oil For The Smoothest Beard Finish: How To Use
- Technology Amazon iQOO Neo Series Quiz Answers: Win iQOO Neo 6 5G
- Movies Aneri Vajani Talks About Her Preparations For Khatron Ke Khiladi 12; Reveals If She Is Open For Bigg Boss
- News Akhilesh Yadav tweets image of banner barring BJP workers from entering police station
- Finance Paradeep Phosphates Shares Close Below Listing Price On Day 1 On Bourses
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki’s Upcoming Creta Rival Will Sport Hybrid Powertrain
- Sports French Open: Alcaraz delivers 'absolute clinic' to crush Korda hopes in Roland Garros romp
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
The process of child-rearing is often associated with both positive and negative things.
Right from the moment a woman conceives, she beings to mentally prepare herself for the compromises she has to make after her newborn arrives.
Having the first look of her child, holding the baby in her arms, feeling the baby's tender skin, etc, are all exceptionally joyful and intimate moments for the mother.
Also Read: How To Hold Your Newborn: Parenting Tips
However, the flip side to it is the part in which she has to take care of the baby's constant needs, clean up after him/her, adapt to his/her daily routine, etc.
Initially, it is rather difficult to tell what the baby needs. Is the milk keeping him/her full? What are his/her napping patterns? How should you clean him/her?
Hundreds of such questions and doubts cloud the mind of a new mother.
Hygiene is one of the important factors that is required to keep a newborn healthy and free from infections. So, regularly cleaning the baby and making sure he/she is given a bath is crucial.
Also Read: Caring For Your Newborn's Umbilical Cord
But, is it safe to bathe a newborn too often? Will the constant contact with water affect his/her still-developing immune system?
If you have these doubts, then read on to find out about some of the bathing tips for a newborn.
Newborn And The Bathing Routine
Maternity experts say that, although maintaining the newborn's hygiene is important, it is not necessary to bathe them on a daily basis. The skin of a newborn can be quite slippery and soft and one has to be highly careful in handling the tender delicate parts to avoid falls or injuries during bath time.
Also, bathing the newborn every day can eliminate the moisture in their tender skin and make the skin dry and flaky. So, it is advisable to bathe them about twice or thrice in a week. It can also make them more prone to common cold and flu if you bathe them daily.
Bathing a newborn requires a lot of practice, as they must be handled with care. The mother must choose a time when she is not in a hurry to bathe the child, so that it can be done perfectly.
Ideally, the newborn can be bathed in a shallow tub or a clean sink, with water that is lukewarm.
On the days that you are not bathing the newborn, you can wipe the baby's face, genitals and bottom with baby wet wipes at regular intervals. You can also use baby powder to keep your baby fresh and clean.
- babyWhat Is Alagille Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- prenatalDoes Yoga Have Side Effects? What Pregnant Women And People With Ailments Should Know
- basicsExpert Article: Causes And Prevention Of Repeated IVF Failures
- basicsExpert Article: Do You Have Endometriosis? Symptoms And Treatment
- wellnessIs Shawarma Healthy? Can Pregnant Women Eat It? What Do Experts Have To Say
- basicsWhat Expectant Dads Need To Anticipate During The Trimesters, Labor And Delivery
- wellnessNational Thalassemia Day 2022: Pregnancy In Women With Thalassemia
- recipesHealthy Breakfast Recipe For Pregnant Women: How To Prepare Beetroot And Sesame Chapati
- babyTransmission Of COVID-19 Infection From Mother To Baby Rare: BMJ Study
- menPunjab Polls: Conjoined Twins Vote Separately, Given Dark Glasses For Secrecy
- basicsWhat Is Pregnancy Brain? Symptoms, Causes And Management
- prenatalExpert Article: Is Your Pregnancy A High Risk One?