- 10 min ago Bangalore School Kids Deliver An Impressive Rendition Of 'Believer' & Imagine Dragons Love It
- 20 min ago Deepika Padukone Takes Fashion Game To Another Level With Her Gorgeous Pink Ensemble
- 51 min ago 5 Facts About Bougainville - The World's Newest Nation'
- 2 hrs ago Cuteness Alert: Adorable Pandas Doing Funny Activities Will Make You Fall In Love With Them
- News 3-member panel headed by Retired Justice V S Sirpurkar to probe Hyderabad encounter: CJI to T'gana
- Sports Ranji Trophy matches in Guwahati, Agartala suspended due to unrest, curfew
- Technology NASA Mars 2020 Rover To Hunt For Early Life Evidence
- Movies Eid 2020 Box Office Battle: Salman Khan Reacts To Locking Horns With Akshay Kumar
- Finance Time To Be A Little Cautious On The Markets
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Most babies are ready to sleep through the night by 3 to 4 months, if their parents let them. According to experts, this is not a good habit, as children become lazy over a period of time.
It is a parent's duty to train their child into proper sleeping habits; and by doing so, you are inculcating good values in their life.
Today, parents are extremely busy with their stressful lives and due to this, they leave their little ones in the hands of care takers or nannies.
Bedtime habits should start off early in a child's life, only then he or she will be able to cope up as they age.
During their growing years, children adapt to their scheduled timing; and if parents fail to introduce a set-up time, they will become those children who love the couch and television right into the night.
So, when your baby is small, it is time to train him or her according to your standard of living. Here are some of the bedtime mistakes that most mums make. So, why don't you take a look at these mistakes and avoid following them at all costs:
If your baby has passed 12 months and still wakes up for a feed in the middle of the night, you should not encourage that. However, pat your child to sleep instead of waking him up and feeding him.
Try to give up this habit of letting your child sleep in your arms while you rock him to dreamland. By letting go, you will be helping him to move on and be independent at a younger age.
Sleep With Thy Bottle
Sleeping with a bottle also increases the risk of ear infections. This habit of sleeping with a bottle in the mouth also causes a tooth decay in the child.
The Time Difference
Teach your child the difference between day and night. Gradually, put an end to the morning sleep timings; and within a month, your baby will only sleep during the night.
Carrying Your Little One
When a baby is born into the family, everyone wants to hold the little angel in their arms. However, carrying the baby 24/7 will make him physically tired. It will also prevent him from staying alone and this will be a problem when you have to begin work and leave him with a care taker.
Keeping A Baby Monitor
No doubt every parent gets worried about their children. If your baby is sleeping in a room alone with the monitor beside him, it doesn't mean that you run to his aid each time he takes a turn or mumbles in his sleep. Allow your baby to rest and you grab some sleep too, while the little one is sleeping.
Tucking In Those Blankets
Decorating your baby's bed with soft toys and heavy blankets is not an ideal choice to make, as your baby can feel suffocated due to these items. So, allow your baby to sleep free at night; however, dress him up in a jumper, so that he doesn't need any blanket around him.