- Movies IT'S OFFICIAL! Karan Johar To Present Vijay Deverakonda's VD10 With Puri Jagannadh; Read Deets
- Technology Instagram No Longer To Use IGTV Button
- Finance Airtel Offers Rs. 2 Lakh Insurance With Its Rs. 179 Tariff Plans
- Sports KL Rahul set to continue as wicketkeeper-batsman for a while: Virat Kohli
- News Budget 2020: Modi govt plans to restrict purchase of Duty-free liquor to one bottle, cigarettes
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Top 5 Postnatal Risk Factors For Sudden Infant Death Syndrome -
1. Low weight during the time of birth
2. Bleeding of lungs (Mold) in infants
3. Infant's sleeping positions
4. Unfavorable room temperatures (too high or too low)
5. avoiding breastfeeding
How To Prevent Sudden Infant Death Syndrome?
1. Improving Room Ventilation - The sleeping environment of your baby matters. Providing good ventilation in the room, air circulation using a fan can reduce the risk of SIDS.
2. Using pillows, stuffed toys, sleep positioners, bumper pads and too soft bedding are said to increase the risk of SIDS so dressing a child with comfortable clothes and keeping the sleeping place free and plain would prevent.
3. Avoid the use of bumper pads. It is said that bumper pads in cribs reduce the oxygen circulation for the baby thus contributing to SIDS. According to a research, it is said that inhaling carbon-di-oxide causes sudden death.
4. A pacifier helps in reducing the syndrome. It helps in inducing light sleep in children and arouse when child is not comfortable.
5. Breastfeeding infants can reduce the occurance of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome claim recent studies.