- 4 hrs ago World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- 9 hrs ago British Fashion Awards 2019: Rita Ora Dazzles In A Flaming Eye Make-up
- 9 hrs ago Deepika Padukone And Priyanka Chopra Jonas' Checkered Outfits Can Totally Keep You Warm
- 9 hrs ago Kriti Sanon’s Recent Outfits Are What You Can Pick For DJ Night, Festivals And Red Carpet
- News CPCB task force asks agencies in NCR to intensify enforcement to curb 'severe' air quality
- Movies Panipat Movie Review: A History Lesson That's Still Relevant In Today's Times!
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
A recent study conducted by urologists has revealed that women are more prone to antibiotic resistance, as the tolerance level of microorganisms is found to be very high while treating urinary tract infection.
As per a recent study, it was found that almost 75% of women who have been treated for urinary tract infection have exhibited resistance to first and second-line antibiotic resistance.
The main reason for this is the irrational use of antibiotics among women. Clinical trials have also found that urinary tract infection is more prevalent among women than men. The main reason for this is that antibiotics are overused, underused or misused among the studied group.
As per the study, it was revealed that 75% of the samples collected for diagnosing urinary tract infections found that there was no bacterial growth in the urine culture due to indiscriminate use of antibiotics to treat infections.
In this article, we have also mentioned about the best home remedies to treat UTI. Read further to know more about the natural remedies one can opt for to cure UTI.
1. Drink Enough Water:
The first thing that you should do when you have urinary tract infection is to drink plenty of water. This is because drinking water can flush away the bacteria that's causing the infection, which puts you on the track of recovery.
2. Load Up On The Vitamin C:
Getting plenty of foods high in vitamin C is necessary, as large amounts of vitamin C can make the urine more acidic. This inhibits the growth of bacteria in the urinary tract.
3. Soothe UTI Pain With Heat:
Inflammation and irritation from UTI can cause burning, pressure and pain around the pubic area. Applying a heating pad on the area can soothe the pain. This is one of the best known home remedies for UTI.
4. Cut Bladder Irritants From Your Diet:
When you have UTI, caffeine, alcohol and spicy foods, carbonated drinks, artificial sweeteners, etc., can irritate your bladder, making it harder for your body to heal. You need to consume healthy foods like high-fibre carbohydrates for healthy digestion. This is one of the top natural remedies for UTI.
5. Empty Your Bladder From Time To Time:
Each time you urinate, even if it is a very small amount; you're actually getting rid of the bacteria causing the infection in this process.