- 12 min ago What Is Short Bowel Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Complications And Treatments
- 3 hrs ago South Africa In New Surge Of COVID-19 From Versions Of Omicron
- 3 hrs ago FDCI X Lakmé Fashion Week Returns To Mumbai, To Be Held In October 2022
- 4 hrs ago Antibiotics Can Lead To Life-Threatening Fungal Infection Because Of Disruption To The Gut Microbiome
- News PM Modi holds bilateral talks with his Nepalese counterpart Deuba in Lumbini; 6 pacts signed
- Technology USB Type-C Ports Are Finally Coming To Apple Products; Will iPhone Get It Too?
- Finance Buy This Tata Group Stock for 38% Gains, Says Motilal Oswal
- Sports Women’s IPL 2022: Top Indian and overseas players to watch out for in the tournament
- Travel 10 Kerala Attractions: Top Rated Tourist Destinations
- Movies Bharti Singh Apologises After Her Old Video In Which She Makes A Fun Of Beard And Moustache Goes Viral
- Automobiles 2022 Range Rover Sport India Price Revealed - Starts At Rs 1.64 Crore
- Education Goa Board SSC, HSSC Result 2022 Declared At gbshse.info, Download GBSHSE Term 1 Exam Result Here
A new breakthrough is rocking the world of medical science, as researchers at the Ohio State University in America have developed a new nanochip-based technology that can start healing injuries with a single touch.
The technology, also called Tissue Nanotransfection (TNT), has the ability to change the genetic code of any cell to repair damaged tissues, grow organs and even stop ageing!
The Miracle Device
As small as a cufflink, and just as light, the TNT chip can be used immediately by medical professionals without the need for lengthy lab procedures.
The chip just needs to be placed on the affected part of the person's body with a drop of the genetic cargo and then activated with a small electrical charge, which will immediately deliver new DNA and RNA strands to the damaged cells.
This entire process takes less than a second, and the individual does not need to carry the device around with him afterwards. The cargo will just keep working on his cells.
No Need For Immune-suppressants!
Since TNT works by changing the function of the body's own cells, there is no need for immune-suppressants to prevent tissue rejection. The body's immunity will never attack the cells created by this procedure.
Research Team Led By An Indian-Origin Scientist
The team at OSU was jointly led by Dr. Chandan Sen, Director of Regenerative Medicine, and Dr. James Lee, Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering.
And the initial success of the device was demonstrated on injured mice.
To show the efficacy of the new device, the researchers applied it to injured legs of mice that showed no blood flow under scans.
After 1 week, the area developed new blood vessels, which improved healing on-site and allowed the area to regenerate within 2 weeks.
The team has also tried this technique on mice with stroke-induced brain injuries. The process works just as well on deeper tissues as it does on skin cells, even though the device is only placed on the surface of the body.
A Success Rate of 98%
Till now this new technology has only been tested on mice and pigs. But with a success rate of 98% (something that is rarely seen in the field of medical science), the team now has the green signal to proceed with clinical trials on human volunteers, which they plan to start in 2018.
So until then, we can just wait and watch.
Enjoyed reading this article? Hit the heart button below to show your love.
- OSU Wexner Medical Center " />wellnessNew Disposable Patch That Can Detect Sleep Apnoea
Image source: OSU Wexner Medical Center
- wellnessInternational Nurses' Day: Common Health Hazards Faced By Nurses
- wellnessGovt Committed To Two Important Aspects Of Healthcare, ‘Heal By India’ And Heal In India’: Mansukh Mandaviya
- healthHow Are Doctors Coping With COVID Fatigue, As Pandemic Enters 3rd Year? Here's What They Have To Say
- wellnessCoronavirus Outbreak: Why Is It Crucial To Protect Our Healthcare Workers?
- wellnessHow To Handle Corona Positive Dead Bodies
- wellnessNational Doctors' Day 2019: 7 Symptoms You Should NOT Hide From Your Doctor
- wellnessThe Role Of Artificial Intelligence In Medicine
- newsHyderabad Vaccination Drives Comes to a Halt After 4 Children Fall Sick
- news$417 Million Lawsuit Against Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder for Causing Ovarian Cancer!
- newsBad News For Moscow Mule Fans: Drinking Cocktails In Copper Vessels Is Poisonous!
- newsNo Relationship Between Breastfeeding And Cognitive Development, Says Research
- wellnessWhy Preventive Healthcare Is Important