- 21 min ago Viral: This Unappetizing Post Is For All Those Who Want To Kill Their Food Cravings Right Now
- 1 hr ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Pulls Off Her Attire Elegantly But It Is Not Quite Everyone's Cup Of Tea
- 2 hrs ago Sonakshi Sinha Or Pooja Hegde, Whose Yellow Outfit You Liked More?
- 2 hrs ago 10 Make-up Myths That You Should Not Believe
- News BJP women MPs complain to poll body against Rahul Gandhi's 'rape in India' remark
- Movies Jumanji The Next Level Full Movie Leaked Online In Tamil By Tamilrockers On Day 1
- Sports Dwayne Bravo comes out of T20I retirement, expresses his desire to play for West Indies in T20 World Cup 2020
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M11, Galaxy M31 Likely On Cards, Could Arrive In 2020
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
A recent research has found out that an anti-dengue antibody-based drug can protect the foetus from the deadly zika virus.
While conducting the experiments, the researchers also found that an antibody that protects against the dengue virus is also effective against the zika virus.
This antibody not only neutralises the dengue virus but also protects both adults and foetuses from the zika virus.
Antibodies are known to remain in the bloodstream for weeks, so one of a few doses of an antibody-based drug that is given over the course in a woman's pregnancy period, could help protect her foetus from zika. The bonus is, it also protects her from dengue.
Since dengue and zika are related viruses, the researchers said that an antibody that prevents dengue disease can do the same for zika.
In this article, we have listed some of the tips to prevent the zika virus. Read further to know more on how to prevent zika virus naturally.
1. Pick The Right Mosquito Repellent:
Products with active ingredients DEET, oil of lemon eucalyptus, picaridin or IR 3535 are effective against the virus. Using these will protect you against the harmful effects of the zika virus.
2. Apply It Correctly:
The repellent must be applied after the sunscreen. Don't wear the repellent under the clothes, as it can evaporate and accumulate on the fabric. Also, don't forget to spray it on your ankles and feet. Avoid spraying it on cuts and wounds.
3. Repel With Your Clothes:
The method to avoid mosquitoes is by using long pants and sleeves. If you're living in a zika affected zone, wear clothes that contain permethrin, which is a synthetic insecticide. This is one of the best tips to prevent zika virus. This will let you know how to prevent zika virus naturally.
4. Prep Your Home:
Just one spoon of water can serve as a mosquito breeding ground and produce up to 300 mosquitoes. You need to eliminate standing water in your home and the surrounding areas, including the flower pots, bottles and accumulated garbage.
5. Travel Smart:
The best way to avoid zika virus is to avoid infected areas. If you have to travel to an affected country, then stay in an air-conditioned room, sleep under bed nets and use a mosquito repellent at all times.