- 17 min ago Pinkathon Mumbai 2019: From Milind Soman To Tahira Kashyap, Celebs Cheer Women Participants
- 52 min ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas And Kim Kardashian West Will Inspire You To Have Warm And Soft Coats
- 1 hr ago Ananya Panday And Bhumi Pednekar’s Chic Outfits Are Ideal For Casual Parties
- 2 hrs ago Asha Parekh Exudes Regal Vibes With Her Resplendent Silk Saris
- News PM Modi’s election valid rules HC
- Technology No More Charging Ports For Apple iPhone in 2021: Report
- Sports WWE Friday Night SmackDown preview & schedule: December 6, 2019
- Movies Gaurav Gera On Neha Kakkar's Body-shaming Video: We Were Given Lines To Enact By Writers & Channel
- Finance Here’s Why You Should Preserve The Receipts/Bills Of Your Gold Purchase
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Informing the Rajya Sabha recently the government has confirmed of 600 swine flu death and 12,500 positive cases so far this year. The number has shown a two-fold rise in deaths when compared to the previous year.
Maharashtra alone accounted for almost 50 per cent of all deaths, as it recorded 284 deaths out of the 2,324 cases reported. This was followed by Gujarat which recorded 75 deaths out of 289 infections.
Kerala reported 63 deaths out of 1,127 positive cases, in Rajasthan, 59 persons died out of 407 reported cases. Karanataka had 15 deaths out of 2,377 cases, while Telangana and Tamil Nadu registered 17 and 15 deaths out of 1,443 and 2,896 cases, respectively.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda said in a written reply that the country has registered 12,460 swine-flu cases so far this year as compared to 1,786 cases reported last year.
He further stated that the government is closely monitoring the situation and all required preventive measures are being taken.
Following the severity of the situation, the central rapid response team was deployed in Maharashtra on June 27 to investigate the rising trend of influenza in the state and to provide required assistance which is resulting in reduced mortality currently.
Further the central teams have also been deployed to assist states like Gujarat, Kerala, Karnataka and Telangana.