- 1 hr ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 3 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 3 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 3 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Sports Football Delhi celebrates football for all with its first-ever Awards Night; Ayush Adhikari & Dalima Chibber awarded
- Movies Ranbir Kapoor And Tiger Shroff To Come Together For Yash Raj Film’s Next?
- News Parliament approves ship recycling bill passed in RS today
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51, A71, S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite Prices Leak
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
You already know that the deadly disease diabetes is on the rise.
Fracture in adults with type 2 diabetes is a big problem that occurs with ageing.
The study which was published in the Journal Of Bone And Mineral Research, found out that adults with type 2 diabetes had deficits in cortical bone, the dense outer surface of the bone that forms a protective layer around the internal cavity.
The findings showed that in the case of people with diabetes, the micro-architecture of the cortical bone may be altered, thus increasing the risk of a fracture.
The findings identified skeletal deficits that may contribute to excess fracture risk in older adults with diabetes and hence can lead to a new approach to prevention and treatment.
In this article, we have also listed some of the best ways to prevent fractures. Read further to know more on how to prevent fractures.
1. Improve Your Balance And Strength:
When you stay fit and active, you'll tend to maintain sharp reflexes and a good muscle tone, which are both necessary to prevent falls.
2. Always Wear Comfortable Shoes:
You need to stay away from high and skinny heels. This actually applies to everyone. You need to avoid sneakers with deep treads as well that you can trip over at times.
3. Make Sure To Know How Your Medicines Affect You:
Several drugs like sleeping pills or muscle relaxants and heart medicines can cause dizziness and lack of coordination. Knowing about the side effects of medicines is one of the ways to prevent fractures.
4. Dont't Mix The Meds:
If you're taking prescription medicines, you need to let your doctor know the medicines you're taking. You need to avoid the ones that may have serious complications. This is one of the best tips to prevent fractures, as these medicines could cause lack of coordination and thereby an increase in the frequency of falls.
5. Get Enough Sleep:
If you lack sleep, then you'll have similar effects of being drunk. This can have an effect on your reflexes too.