- News Right-wing group activist announces Rs 10 lakh bounty to kill Amulya Leona for pro-Pak slogan
- Sports Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham: Giroud and Alonso on target in first win in five
- Movies Trisha Gets Slammed By Paramapadham Vilayattu Producers For Skipping Film Promotions
- Technology NASA Insight Lander To Help Mars Mole Probe Make A Move
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) made an announcement regarding the launch of Jio GigaFiber broadband service and Jio Phone 3 on its 42nd annual general meeting (AGM) scheduled at 11:00 am on 12th August, Monday in Mumbai. Eminent personalities were prersent on this occasion and the day was eyed by many investors and analyst community.
The announcement of GigaFibre broadband service was already unveiled last year, in 2018, on their 41st AGM. Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries, announced last year that Jio is planning for fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) service which will be a combination of TV, broadband, and fixed landline. To mention, in the last few years, Reliance Jio has contributed a lot in the telecom sector by launching the cheapest plans and Jio phones to become the nation's largest telecom player by revenue.
Watch the Live video Here: Mukesh D. Ambani addressing shareholders at 42nd Annual General Meeting of #RIL
Jio Gigafiber Service:
The announcement of Jio Gigafibre pricing plans were discussed in the meeting and it is also expected that Jio will provide the broadband internet service at 1 gbps speed along with 600 channels on TV and landline connection of Rs 600/month subscription. The nation is hoping that this new Jio cable TV and broadband service will act as a market disruptor just like Jio phones due to its cheap pricing plans.
According to the Reliance website, Gigafibre service will have both postpaid and prepaid plans. However, users will have to pay a deposit of Rs. 4500 to get the GigaHub Home Gateway (router to access the broadband).
Jio Phone 3:
If we talk about the market of Jio's previous two Jio phone models (Jio Phone and Jio Phone 3) they had become the two best smartphones sold so far due to their amazing smartphone features at much affordable price. In Jio Phone 3, the OS is expected to be the same as JIo Phone 2 (Kai OS). WhatsApp and YouTube will be preloaded at part of the phone's new features.