- 2 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 3 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 4 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 4 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- News 20 kg onion looted from state-run store in West Bengal's Birbhum
- Sports Football Delhi celebrates football for all with its first-ever Awards Night; Ayush Adhikari & Dalima Chibber awarded
- Movies Ranbir Kapoor And Tiger Shroff To Come Together For Yash Raj Film’s Next?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51, A71, S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite Prices Leak
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
It's very difficult to find a person on this planet who does not like the rich, sensual taste of chocolate. Unfortunately, addiction to this heavenly treat can often lead to disastrous health problems like diabetes and atherosclerosis.
But there is a way around this. One that is validated by science and solid research.
The way of eating raw cocoa (a.k.a. dark chocolate).
The Ultimate Guide to Surviving Deadly Diseases: Raw Cocoa Edition
From cardiovascular diseases to brain degeneration, the natural compounds found in cocoa beans have been studied extensively through the decades and their effects on the human body mapped with precision.
The following are 5 of those research-backed health benefits of consuming raw cocoa:-
#1 Vitamins, Minerals, and Everything Else In-between
From a wide range of B complex vitamins, vitamin E, proteins, and essential minerals (like iron, copper, and potassium), raw cocoa is an excellent substitute for nutrient pills and tablets.
In fact, cocoa beans are also rich in monounsaturated fats, which are healthy for the body and the brain, and something that is also found in olive oil.
#2 Your Heart's Knight-in-Shining-Armor
Raw cocoa is very good at reducing high blood pressure, improving blood circulation, and decreasing plaque build-up in your arteries.
In short, it guards you from deadly heart diseases.
#3 Miracle Medicine for Diabetes
A recent study discovered that a compound named Epicatechin in cocoa beans has the ability to boost the function of pancreatic β-cells. Cells that are responsible for producing insulin and reducing the blood sugar levels in our body.
But that's not the only benefit raw cocoa offers to diabetics.
Along with its blood pressure regulating effects, raw cocoa can increase the sensitivity of our cells to insulin (the lack of which causes Type 2 Diabetes), and also protects our blood vessels from the damaging effect of high blood sugar.
#4 Happy Brain, Happy Body
There is a reason why chocolate was called the "food of the gods" by the ancient Mayans.
It's because raw cocoa contains a chemical called Theobromine that has the ability to boost your energy and eliminate stress by causing your body to release natural serotonins (also called the body's feel-good hormones).
In fact, the compound Phenylethylamine (PEA) has also been found in cocoa beans. A compound known to flood our brains when we are in love.
And if these reasons aren't good enough for you to munch on some heady dark chocolate, then perhaps the fact that raw cocoa can protect your brain from neurotoxins and inflammation might induce you to give it a try.
In fact, the added benefits of having a sharper memory and improved cognition doesn't sound bad either.
#5 The Cure for Aging
Women don't need excuses to eat chocolates. But this one is definitely a winner because with the high amount of antioxidants packed in its beans, raw cocoa can not only stop chronic inflammation, but can also stop signs of aging from destroying your picture-perfect looks.
But How Do I Eat Raw Cocoa?
We know that eating dark chocolate may not be everyone's cup of tea. But so isn't drinking alcohol. Yet we acquire a taste for it eventually.
Nevertheless, if you are really disgusted by its bitterness, here are a few alternative ways for you consume raw cocoa that is as good as munching on a piece of molten dark chocolate:-
1. Mix in a tablespoon in your morning no-sugar, fruit and yoghurt smoothie.
2. Add in a teaspoon in your regular Cup o' Joe or cup of chai.
3. Mix it with some spices and rub it onto your dinner steak before grilling the meat.
4. Sprinkle it on your salad or bowl of yoghurt.
Did You Enjoy Reading This?
We know that you are a die-hard chocolate fan because you did not abandon this article mid-way.
So if you enjoyed reading this piece, please share it to spread the love.