- Movies Vijay Deverakonda's Director Is Unhappy With The Star? Has He Walked Out Of The Project?
- Finance Heading Abroad: You Can Still Contribute To Your EPF A/c
- News Govt warns TV channels over 'indecent' portrayal of kids in reality shows
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Sale Today: 48MP Primary Camera Starting At Rs 13,999
- Sports Platini released after questioning over Qatar World Cup bid
- Automobiles Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill — Enough Of The Hooliganism
- Education NEST Results 2019 Released: Check The Link And Important Details
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
A recent study has shown that a diet consisting of purple potatoes and other colourful fruits and vegetables may lower the risk of colon cancer and inflammatory bowel diseases.
Purple potato contains bioactive compounds like anthocyanins and phenolic acids that have been linked with cancer prevention.
Understanding how these compounds work at a molecular level could be the first step towards finding the treatment for cancer.
Purple potatoes can help prevent chronic diseases like colon cancer. The findings published in the Journal Of Nutritional Biochemistry, show that eating whole foods that contain macronutrients helps reduce the risk of colon cancer that humans need in large amounts.
These findings suggest that cultures with plant-based diets tend to have lower colon cancer rates than cultures with meat-based diets.
Purple potatoes have a much greater concentration of these anti-inflammatory, antioxidant compounds that make it beneficial for treating colon cancer.
The researchers also concluded that instead of pills, taking fruits and vegetables that are rich in anti-inflammatory compounds will help in countering the growing problem of chronic diseases.