- Movies AVTA 2019 Winners List: Harshad Chopda, Erica Fernandes & Others Bag Awards
- Technology Week 46, 2019 Launch Roundup: Sharp AQUOS V, Realme X2 Pro, Vivo S5, Motorola Razr And More
- News Jharkhand Polls: Cong fields Gourav Vallabh against CM Raghubar Das from Jamshedpur East
- Sports Afghanistan vs West Indies, 2nd T20I: Janat picks 5/11 as Afghanistan level series against West Indies
- Automobiles Bajaj Working On A More Powerful Electric Scooter To Be Sold Under KTM Or Husqvarna Branding
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Finance Anil Ambani And 4 Others Resign As RCom Directors
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
A recent study has shown that a diet consisting of purple potatoes and other colourful fruits and vegetables may lower the risk of colon cancer and inflammatory bowel diseases.
Purple potato contains bioactive compounds like anthocyanins and phenolic acids that have been linked with cancer prevention.
Understanding how these compounds work at a molecular level could be the first step towards finding the treatment for cancer.
Purple potatoes can help prevent chronic diseases like colon cancer. The findings published in the Journal Of Nutritional Biochemistry, show that eating whole foods that contain macronutrients helps reduce the risk of colon cancer that humans need in large amounts.
These findings suggest that cultures with plant-based diets tend to have lower colon cancer rates than cultures with meat-based diets.
Purple potatoes have a much greater concentration of these anti-inflammatory, antioxidant compounds that make it beneficial for treating colon cancer.
The researchers also concluded that instead of pills, taking fruits and vegetables that are rich in anti-inflammatory compounds will help in countering the growing problem of chronic diseases.