A set of recent findings have suggested that obese people who are free from diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol may seem healthy, but are at 96% more risk of heart failure.
The findings also suggested that these healthy obese people also had a 49% higher risk of coronary heart disease and a 7% higher risk of cerebrovascular disease when compared to those who are of a normal weight.
This study was published in the journal American College Of Cardiology. The study raised questions about the concept of 'healthy obesity'.
The researchers also warned the clinicians not to ignore the increased cardiovascular health risks of those who were classified as healthy obese or deemed to be normal weight but have metabolic abnormalities like diabetes.
The researchers also informed that obese patients, irrespective of their metabolic status, should be encouraged to lose weight. Further, early detection and management of normal-weight individuals with metabolic abnormalities will be beneficial in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
Hence, it is very important that you take steps to prevent obesity. Here, we have listed some of the best effective ways to prevent obesity. Read further to know more about the prevention and control of obesity.
1. Keep Yourself Active:
Choosing an active lifestyle is the best way to prevent obesity. Simple activities like taking the stairs instead of the elevator or walking to shops will help in a big way. This is one of the best tips to prevent obesity.
2. Eat Healthily:
The FDA recommends that an average person should eat 2000 calories per day and include foods like dairy, meat, grains, fruit, vegetables and legumes. Sticking to this FDA-recommended diet helps control obesity. This is one of the best ways to prevent obesity.
3. Measure Weight:
It is important to get on the scales once a week in order to make sure you're on a healthy weight. If you notice that you're starting to gain weight, then it is time to take necessary measures to lose weight.
4. Drink Water:
Many people tend to confuse thirst with hunger. The FDA recommends that you drink eight to ten glasses of water per day. Water cleanses and detoxifies the impurities in the body. But remember that the water you drink is natural and does not contain flavourings or sugar.
5. Keep Off The Junk Food:
Junk food is something that contributes to weight gain and obesity. Giving up on these foods will help prevent obesity big time.
6. Only Eat When You're Hungry:
Studies have shown that people who are naturally thin eat only when they're hungry. Eating only when your body needs its nourishments is the best way to prevent obesity. This is one of the best ways for the prevention and control of obesity.
7. Eat Your Breakfast Every Day:
People think that skipping breakfast is like cutting calories. But the opposite is true. Studies have shown that eating breakfast helps you consume fewer total calories for the day. People who eat cereals for breakfast have a lower BMI, than those people who skipped breakfast or dined on meat and eggs.
- 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Brown Sugar
- 10 Health Benefits Of Black Pepper For Weight Loss
- 11 Reasons Why Noodles Are Not Good For Health
- Saturated Fatty Acids, Is It Good Or Bad For Your Health?
- Beware If You Are Obese, It Can Increase The Risk Of This Disease!
- Know How Diabetes & Obesity Can Cause Cancer!
- This One Spice Helps To Fight Obesity Effectively, Try It Out!
- Why Overweight Women Should Undergo Frequent Mammogram?
- 9 Low-sugar Fruits That People Suffering From Obesity & Diabetes Can Consume Safely!
- Energy Drink Increases Risk Of These Diseases
- Obesity & Underweight Increases Depression Risk In Women
- This Is One Best Way To Prevent Obesity
- 10 Health Benefits Of Cottage Cheese Or Paneer