- 2 hrs ago Viral Video Of Pigeons Wearing Hats In Las Vegas Got Twitterati Explode With Reactions
- 3 hrs ago Scientists Develop Carbon Dioxide Eating Bacteria, A New Hope For Climate Emergency?
- 4 hrs ago Here Is How You Can Recreate Priyanka Chopra’s Glam And Bold Make-up Look
- 4 hrs ago Indian-Origin Scientist Finds A Way To Fix Leaky Gut By Dead Probiotics
- Movies Prithviraj's Driving License: Official Trailer Is Out!
- Sports Want to see players looking to do the right things on the field: Thomas Dennerby
- News Modi govt will try to solve concerns over Citizenship Bill: Shah assures Tripura delegations
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Gigabee Smart Walkie-Talkie: Price And Features
- Automobiles Maserati Levante, Ghibli & Quattroporte Launched With V6 Petrol Engines
- Finance Retail Inflation Spikes In November To 5.54% On Costly Food Items
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Contracting any kind of flu is one of the worst feeling that one could ever have. Once you get affected, it takes time to get away from it. As it is well said that prevention is better than cure, so one needs to be very careful about their daily habits in order to prevent the flu.
Be it the strain of flu during the monsoon or the onset of winter, it affects your day-to-day activities. If not taken care of on time then it might lead to other serious health issues and turn fatal at times as well.
Having a healthy diet along with regular exercise and maintaining proper hygiene is very essential to keep the flu at bay. This apart, a strong immune system can help is keeping the flu and infection away.
A new study has found a new flu vaccine that helps to protect against several strains of the flu. Researchers had conducted the test on animals.
For the study on the new vaccine, the researchers had focused on four ancestral genes that the four major flu strains - H1, H2, H3 and H5 share.
During the study that was conducted on mice, the new vaccine was found to protect 100 per cent of the rodents after they were infected with lethal doses of nine different flu viruses, including H1N1, H3N1, H3N2 and H5N1. On the other hand, the other set of mice that were given traditional flu shots died from exposure to the same doses of flu.
However, the researchers concluded that since the study was done on mice, more research needs to be conducted to determine if the vaccine works in human.
"The ultimate goal is to be able to vaccinate once and provide lifelong protection," said lead study author Assistant Professor Eric Weaver from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
The study was recently published in the journal Scientific.
Here are a few of the best foods that helps in building up a strong immune system. Take a look.
Ginger contains a compound called gingerol that helps in decreasing the inflammation. This helps one to get rid of pain and prevents any kind of flu. All that one needs to do is drink a cup or two of ginger tea on a regular basis.
Garlic contains an important sulphur compound called allicin, and is a must have for it helps fight infections. Adding garlic to your daily food helps in boosting the immune system.
3. Citrus Fruits:
Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C helps in boosting the immune system and thus aids in fighting the infections. Orange, grapefruit and lemon are few of the well known citrus fruits that helps to improve the immune system.
Almonds are one of the best nuts. Rich in vitamin E, vitamin C and also good fats. Having a handful of almonds on a regular basis helps in boosting the immune system.
The curcumin compound found in turmeric is known to have anti-inflammatory properties. Adding a pinch of turmeric to your daily food helps in boosting immunity. Also you could add a teaspoon of turmeric in a glass of warm milk and drink it before going to bed. It helps improve the immune system.