- 7 hrs ago Expert Article: Quit Smoking To Reduce Your Risk On Tongue Cancer
- 8 hrs ago Unlucky Plants: Avoid Growing These Nine Forbidden Plants At Home, As Per Vastu
- 9 hrs ago Fasting In Hinduism: What You Need To Know
- 11 hrs ago Sindhu Darshan Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- News If farmers want, they can change government: KCR in Punjab
- Sports Rajasthan Royals RR IPL playoffs history, stats and records, key players to watch out
- Movies Suhana Khan Celebrates Birthday: Mom Gauri Khan, BFF Ananya Panday Wish The Archies Actress
- Automobiles Kia EV6: Top 10 Things To Know
- Technology Is Xiaomi 12 Pro The Fastest 5G Smartphone In The World? Here Is The Answer
- Education ICSE ISC Examination 2023 To Held Once A Year, ICSE And ISC Syllabus Revised. Check Details And Download Link
- Finance Fuel Rates Slashed Following Excise Duty Cut: Check New Rates
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
There is good news in the field of skin cancer! A team of Australian researchers have successfully tried a set of treatments to stop melanoma from spreading.
The research was successful enough in preventing this condition from metastasizing to other organs in the body.
This study was conducted by researchers at the Melanoma Institute, Australia.
The two trials that go by the name, COMBI-AD and CheckMate 238 have been successful in preventing the spread of the disease in Stage 3 melanoma patients, whose tumours were surgically removed.
Until then, these patients were at a high risk of their disease progressing to advanced and fatal melanoma.
These results are known to be a harbinger of change to the lives of melanoma patients. Until then, these patients had to live with the fear if their melanoma would metastasize or spread after surgery.
These results suggest that we can stop melanoma in its tracks.
In this article, we have also listed some of the main causes of skin cancer. So, read further to know more about the causes of skin cancer .
Sunburn has been associated with melanoma, which is the most deadly form of skin cancer. Prolonged sun exposure can cause damage to the skin cells and also increase the risk of developing skin cancer. Evidence suggests that regular exposure to the UV radiation can lead to skin cancer.
Tanning is not a good sign of well-being. Tanning is a sign that you have been exposed to enough UV radiation to damage your skin. This will cause loss of elasticity (wrinkles), sagging, yellowish discolouration and even brown patches to appear on the skin. All these can increase your risk of skin cancer.
Solarium emits UVA and UVB radiation that are both leading causes of skin cancer. Health experts do not recommend solarium use for cosmetic tanning under any circumstance. This is one of the main causes of skin cancer.
People who have many moles or abnormal moles called dysoplastic nevi are at an increased risk of skin cancer. These abnormal moles, which are larger, are more likely than other moles to become cancerous.
5. A Family History Of Skin Cancer:
If one of your parents or siblings has had skin cancer, then you're more likely at risk of getting skin cancer. This is one of the common causes of skin cancer.
6. Exposure To Radiation:
People who have received radiation treatment for skin conditions like eczema and acne may have an increased risk of skin cancer.
- skin careTwo-In-One: 7 Quick, Single-Ingredient Masks For Your Hair And Skin
- wellnessBusting Myths About How Food Affects Skin: Myth 6 May Surprise You!
- skin careHoli 2022: How To Remove Holi Colour From Face, Nails, Hands And Hair
- make up tips17 Simple Tips To Make Makeup Last On Oily Skin
- skin careHow To Improve Firmness Of Your Skin As You Age: 10-Point Guide For Everyone Over 35
- skin careHow To Smell Good All Day, Every Day (With And Without Perfume)
- skin careHave Oily Skin And Can’t Figure Out A Skincare Routine? Here Are Some Tips!
- skin careSimple DIY Charcoal Face Mask For Oily, Dry And Acne-Prone Skin
- skin careWalnut Oil Benefits And How You Can Use It To Get Glowing, Healthy Skin
- skin careIs Taking A Hot Water Shower Daily Good For Your Skin? 7 Reasons It May Not Be A Good Idea
- skin care11 Flower Waters For Healthy, Glowing Skin: No, We Are Not Talking About Rosewater
- hair care7 Skincare Tips For Men: From Washing Your Face To Shaving It The Right Way