- 17 hrs ago 11 Possible Reasons Why You Crave Spicy Foods
- 19 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Actresses Inspire Us To Invest In Sweaters And Cardigans
- 23 hrs ago New Delta Plus Variant AY.4.2: Is Vaccine Effective Against It? Everything You Need To Know
- 24 hrs ago Apollo Hospitals Announces Free COVID Vaccinations For Children With Co-Morbidities
- Finance Nifty Media Plunge; Zee Entertainment, Network18, TV18 Broadcast Top Losers
- Education IGNOU Tentative Date Sheet 2021 Released For December Term End Exam, Check TEE 2021 Schedule Here
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Pakistan bowlers were excellent against us, says NZ skipper Williamson
- Movies Aryan Khan Drug Case: Star Kid's Co-Accused Avin Sahu And Manish Rajgarhiya Get Bail
- Technology Amazon Quiz Answers For October 27, 2021: Win Rs. 30,000
- News Work from Space? Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin unveils plans to build 'business park' in space
- Automobiles Ultraviolette F77 Gets Put Through Its Paces — EV Sports Bike Is Getting Ready To Rip
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
You might want to kill your time that you spend in the bathroom and the first thing that you would do is to take your phone to the bathroom.
So, if you have been wondering why you should never take your phone into the washroom, scroll down further.
Spending those few minutes in the bathroom is potentially dangerous, as it can risk the possibility of transferring the germs from the washroom fittings to your phone and then to your face.
During a recent study, scientists found more than 17,000 bacterial gene copies and 20 different dominant microbial species.
The pathogens on these phones can make you sick and some of them can even cause deadly diseases. Since we are not walking through a sterile environment, if you touch the surface, there could be something on that. Hence, taking the phone to the washroom must be avoided at any cost.
Further, when you flush in the toilet, the germs spread everywhere. The toilet seats, handles, sinks and taps are covered in germs such as E. coli, which can cause urinary tract infection and intestinal illnesses. It can also cause diarrhoea. Acinetobacter found on the bathroom fittings can cause respiratory infections.
A previous study also pointed out that touch-screen phones posed a significant risk factor for contamination by pathogenic bacteria when compared to button phones.
The researchers asserted that the high level of contamination of phone can spread the infection at a faster rate.
So, the next time you want to kill your time while at the toilet, consider taking a newspaper inside and think twice before taking your cellphone in.