A new study has claimed that women with low levels of vitamin D are at a higher risk of developing multiple sclerosis.
This study stated that women are at a 43% higher risk of developing multiple sclerosis.
Higher cases of diagnosis usually occur between the ages of 20 and 40, but it is quite difficult to identify the signs unless the signs are too obvious.
This study which was conducted at the Harvard TH, Chan School or Public Health says that measuring vitamin D could help identify one's risk of getting affected by multiple sclerosis.
This goes on to show that maintaining a healthy amount of vitamin D is key towards protecting one against being affected by multiple sclerosis.
The researchers also suggested that correcting vitamin D deficiency in young and middle-aged women may reduce the further risk of this condition.
So, if you are still wondering does lack of vitamin D cause multiple sclerosis, you might have got your answer by now.
Now, you can increase your intake of vitamin D, with the help of these best sources of vitamin D.
Salmon is known to be an excellent source of vitamin D. One salmon will provide you with your daily recommended intake of vitamin D. 100 gram serving of salmon contains between 361 and 685 IU of vitamin D.
Milk is also a good source of vitamin D. A single glass of milk will provide you with up to a quarter of the recommended vitamin D. This is one of the best sources of vitamin D.
Cereals are highly fortified with vitamin D. Before picking up a cereal box, you need to check the nutritional information to make sure it contains vitamin D.
The egg yolk is said to contain high levels of vitamin D. But it is advised to consume the whole egg, instead of the yolk alone. It provides your body with a good amount of vitamin D.
5. Orange Juice:
Orange juice is also known to be enriched with vitamin D. One glass of orange juice a day can give you a good source of vitamin D.
Mushrooms have a significant amount of vitamin D. The amount varies according to its type or variety. Shiitake mushrooms are considered to be the best sources of vitamin D.
Shrimps are known to be an excellent source of vitamin D. It contains about 152 IU per serving or 38% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin D. This is one of the best natural sources of vitamin D.
- Belly Fat Linked To Vitamin D Deficiency, Says New Study
- How To Overcome A Vitamin D Deficiency Naturally
- 10 Symptoms Of Vitamin D Deficiency You Should Know
- 12 Home Remedies To Cure Muscle Weakness Naturally
- 11 Foods That Are Rich In Vitamin D
- 11 Effective Home Remedies For Leg Pain
- 10 Tips For Healthy Eating Habits To Get You Started
- Lack Of Vitamin D Increases Dementia Risk
- Sustained Burns? Here is How Vitamin D Can Be Helpful
- Add Sweet Potato Juice To Your Everyday Diet & Reap Its Amazing Health Benefits
- Healthiest Sources of Vitamin D For Vegetarians
- These Are The Signs Of Vitamin D Deficiency In Women; Be Warned