- 9 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 10 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 10 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 11 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Having a normal thyroid is essential in order to regulate the metabolic functioning. This in turn helps one for the proper and normal body functioning. Any fluctuation in the thyroid hormone can be dangerous and it can lead to a serious impact on the body.
A new study has found that older adults with high thyroid hormone or hyperthyroidism can be more susceptible to risk of developing heart disease involving thickening and hardening of arterial walls.
The thyroid gland is one of the most important endocrine glands of the body which is responsible for various metabolic functions. The thyroid gland is essential for hormone regulation that includes taking care of food metabolism, sleep regulation and weight management are a few among the ones.
If the thyroid gland is unhealthy, then its functions get affected and, therefore, hormonal imbalances are created in the body.
"Our findings suggest that thyroid hormone FT4 measurement can help identify individuals at increased risk of atherosclerosis," noted lead author, Arjola Bano from Erasmus University, Netherlands.
Sweating profusely, anxiety, weight fluctuation, hot flashes, fatigue, mood swings and depression are among the major symptoms of thyroid disorder. One should watch it out and get the necessary treatment at the earliest in order to prevent ant thyroid-related disorders.
Hence, having a healthy thyroid gland is very essential. The food that you consume plays an important role for your thyroid gland.
So listed here are a few of the best tips to have a healthy thyroid gland. Take a look.
1. Include Fibre-rich Foods In Your Diet:
If you are suffering from thyroid disorder, particularly hypothyroidsim, then adding fibre-rich foods in your diet is a must. If you have hypothyroidism then you might also be suffering from constipation and indigestion. Having fibre-rich foods thus helps.
If your gut is weak then it might cause thyroid-related disorder, hence having fibre-rich-foods is essential to keep your gut-healthy and prevent thyroid disorder.
2. Include Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
Omega-3 fatty acids is what is known as the good fats. Natural fats found in nuts, seeds and naturals oils are good for thyroid health. Also consuming olive oil in moderation helps in keeping your thyroid healthy.
3. Consume Iodized Salt:
If you are to keep your thyroid gland healthy then it is highly essential to have an adequate amount of iodine. Iodine deficiency can trigger the enlargement of the thyroid gland, which is commonly known as goiter. Consuming iodised salt which are easily in the market helps to keep iodine deficiency at bay.
4. Include Fruits:
Consuming fruits on a regular basis is a must if you want to stay healthy. Fruits contain all the essential vitamins, calcium, fibre and minerals that are essential for your body. Fruits, especially the ones that are high in antioxidants such as cherries, blueberries, wild strawberries and cranberries help in stimulating the thyroid glands.
5. Include Vegetables:
Vegetables are rich in fibre, essential nutrients and minerals. Consuming vegetables on a regular basis are required for a healthy body. Including vegetables that are rich in calcium and vitamins like broccoli and cauliflower helps to keep your thyroid healthy.