Even as the authorities are on their toes to contain the dreaded Swine Flu (H1N1), the number of confirmed cases seems to be rising. With about 166 new cases of swine flu being reported, the total number of confirmed cases have risen up to 517 in the national capital, Delhi.
These are the numbers that have been reported from January - July 2017. Apart from these confirmed cases, four people have succumbed to the deadly virus as per official reports.
Compared to the previous year the number of H1N1 confirmed cases have doubled this 2017. During the same period of time in 2016, the capital had reported just 193 confirmed cases of H1N1.
Identifying the virus at the initial stage and getting timely treatment helps one to prevent the infection from getting worse. Here are few of the major symptoms that one needs of swine flu. Take a look.
Symptoms Of Swine Flu (H1N1):
- Nasal Secretion
How the swine flu virus spreads?
Swine flu is basically a respiratory infection caused by the H1N1 strain of the Influenza A virus. Initially the virus was transmitted to humans by infected pigs. But the virus has mutated and for the past few years it has spread among the human beings.
Swine flu virus spreads through the droplets from infected person when they sneeze and cough and touching of contaminated surfaces.
What to do when you are diagnosed with swine flu?
Administering of tamiflu with a valid prescription from a doctor is the only standard mode of treatment. Also there are three categories of Swine flu virus - A, B and C. Of the three, the C category is considered a serious one and this requires immediate ventilator support.
Meanwhile, in almost all the large super-speciality hospitals across the country they have come up with a special ward to treat Swine flu patients.
- Beware Of Swine Flu, It Can Trigger Type 1 Diabetes; 10 Best Swine Flu Preventive Tips
- Swine Flu: 9 Deaths, 58 Positive Cases In Punjab; How To Boost Immunity & Prevent H1N1?
- Swine Flu On The Rise: Aamir Khan And Kiran Rao Latest Victims!
- Delhi Witness Rise In Swine Flu (H1N1) Cases; 5 Ways To Prevent Swine Flu
- H1N1 (Swine Flu): India Witness 600 Deaths, 12,500 Positive Cases Till Date in 2017
- H1N1 & Leptospirosis Claims 7 Lives In Mumbai In July Till Date
- Follow These Few Easy Tips To Prevent H1N1 (Swine Flu)