- 18 min ago How To Recreate Sonam Kapoor’s Stunning Blue Eye Make-up Look With Just 6 Products
- 43 min ago Stress And Anxiety During Pregnancy? Here Are Some Helpful Tips
- 1 hr ago Vasant Panchami 2020: How To Worship Goddess Saraswati According To Your Zodiac Sign
- 2 hrs ago How Alcohol Affects Your Skin And What Can You Do Counter The Damage
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Odisha FC vs FC Goa: Preview, Team News, Dream11, Fantasy Tips, Prediction, TV Info
- Technology What Is AGR And Why Is It Bad For Vodafone-Idea And Airtel
- Finance 5 Best NRE FD Accounts for NRI’s
- Movies Mohsin Khan Is Single & Ready To Mingle, But Says His Ammi Has To Approve The Girl
- News Modi govt tarnished India's image, deterred investors: Rahul Gandhi
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Automobiles Bajaj CT100 And Platina BS6 Models Launched In India At Rs 40,794: Specs & Features
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
A study has found that cranberry products are the first line of defence against repeated urinary tract infections (UTIs).
The findings have revealed that the cranberry products helped in reducing the occurrence of repeated UTIs, which affects the urinary system, the kidneys, bladder and urethra.
The investigations suggested that the patients at some risk of UTI showed significant improvement upon the effects of cranberry.
This was attributed to the effects of cranberry indigestion. Cranberries contain an unique polyphenol called proanthocyanidins.
These have the ability to keep the infection-causing bacteria from sticking to the urinary tract walls, which might be the major reason for their ability to limit the growth of the infection and recurrence.
It was also found that cranberry products reduced the usage of antibiotics for addressing this cause.
In this article, we have also have listed some of the health benefits of cranberries. Read further to know more about the benefits of cranberry juice for the body.
Cranberries are known to have an anti-inflammatory effects. It can aid with conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, stomach and digestive disorders and cardiovascular system issues.
Some types of stomach ulcers are related to a particular type of bacteria called Helicobacter pylori and cranberries help in preventing this infection. This is one of the top health benefits of cranberries.
3. Dental Health:
The same phytonutrients that help prevent UTI may also benefit our dental health, by preventing the bacteria from sticking to our teeth. This is one of the top benefits of cranberry juice for the body.
4. Cardiovascular Disease:
Cranberry has antioxidant effects, anti-inflammatory effects and also help with the potential improvement of HDL over LDL cholesterol. The polyphenols help in preventing the build-up of plaque on the vessel walls.
5. Protects Against Cancer:
Cranberries help in slowing down the tumour growth and has also shown positive effects in controlling the abnormal division of cells.