- Sports Shiv Kapur comes tantalisingly close as Korean Kim grabs Panasonic Open title
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 Super Sunday With Sudeep – Veteran Actor Jai Jagadeesh Gets Eliminated
- News Amit Shah assures of BJP, Shiv Sena coming together Ramdas Athawale
- Technology How To Create Your Own Chrome Browser Theme
- Automobiles Jawa Perak TVC Released: Promotes The Perak As Reliable
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Finance Anil Ambani And 4 Others Resign As RCom Directors
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Tattoo is now becoming a craze among the youngsters. It might look trendy, but experts stress on considering a few things before getting a tattoo on your body.
In a recently released report, the American Academy of Paediatrics (AAP) has outlined the consequences and potential risks associated with tattoo and body piercing.
According to the AAP report recommendations stated that, while societal acceptance of tattoos and piercings has increased, there may still be repercussions. This includes losing out on job opportunity as well as suffering infections.
Further, before getting a tattoo or piercing, one should make sure the salon is sterile, clean and reputable.
The facility should also be regulated by the government and provide clients with information on how to care for the area that has been tattooed or pierced afterward, the researchers emphasised.
"Reputable tattoo parlours and piercing salons should provide a long list of dos and don'ts on how to care for the area that was worked on, and what signs might indicate a problem," said lead author Cora C. Breuner, chair of the AAP Committee on Adolescence.
"These services have come a long way, safety-wise, but it's best to proceed with caution," Breuner noted.
Moreover, someone considering a tattoo should also make sure that their immunisations are up to date and that they are not taking any medication that compromises their immunity, the report said.