- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 15 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 3 hrs ago Don’t Break Your Fitness Regimen This Independence Day: Try This Healthy Tricolour Sandwich
- 15 hrs ago Who Was Rakesh Jhunjhunwala? Facts About 'India's Warren Buffett'
- 18 hrs ago What Causes Children To Become Narcissists: 4 Types Of Narcissism In Children, And The Influence Of Parents
- News PM Modi wishes all citizens on Independence Day
- Movies Raksha Bandhan Day 4 Box Office Collection: A Lackluster Weekend For Akshay Kumar's Film
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Galaxy Z Fold 4, Xiaomi Mix Fold 2, Redmi Note 11, Z Flip 4, And More
- Sports Maharaja Trophy: Abhinav Manohar’s heroics leads Mangalore United to thrilling win against Gulbarga Mystics
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Passes Away At 62: 5 Facts About The Ace Investor
- Travel Wettest Places in The World: List of Rainiest Places on Earth
- Education Top 10 ideas to celebrate the Independence Day 2022
- Automobiles Honda CB300F First Ride Review - Aggressive Fighter Neutered By Head Scratching Price Tag
Tattoo is now becoming a craze among the youngsters. It might look trendy, but experts stress on considering a few things before getting a tattoo on your body.
In a recently released report, the American Academy of Paediatrics (AAP) has outlined the consequences and potential risks associated with tattoo and body piercing.
According to the AAP report recommendations stated that, while societal acceptance of tattoos and piercings has increased, there may still be repercussions. This includes losing out on job opportunity as well as suffering infections.
Further, before getting a tattoo or piercing, one should make sure the salon is sterile, clean and reputable.
The facility should also be regulated by the government and provide clients with information on how to care for the area that has been tattooed or pierced afterward, the researchers emphasised.
"Reputable tattoo parlours and piercing salons should provide a long list of dos and don'ts on how to care for the area that was worked on, and what signs might indicate a problem," said lead author Cora C. Breuner, chair of the AAP Committee on Adolescence.
"These services have come a long way, safety-wise, but it's best to proceed with caution," Breuner noted.
Moreover, someone considering a tattoo should also make sure that their immunisations are up to date and that they are not taking any medication that compromises their immunity, the report said.
- wellnessIs It Safe To Get A Tattoo While On Periods?
- skin careGot A New Tattoo? Small But Important Things You Need To Know
- beyond love12 Unique And Adorable Tattoo Ideas For Couples
- body care23 Things You Should Know Before Getting Your First Tattoo
- pulseMan Undergoes Several Surgeries To Attain Skull Face
- skin careGot Inked? Here Are 10 Aftercare Tips For Your New Tattoo
- pulseMan Got His Penis Removed As It Was A Hindrance For Getting A Tattoo
- newsTattoo Ink Could Harm Your Lymph Nodes & Immunity; Ways To Prevent Tattoo Infection
- skin careSkin Care Tips To Follow After You Get Your Tattoo
- wellnessDo Tattoos Affect Your Workout?
- skin careHow To Take Care Of Freshly Tattooed Skin?
- women fashionThese Are The Feminine Spots Where Women Can Get Tattoos