- 2 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 5 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 6 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 8 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- News Will seek President's rule in Bengal if violence continues: BJP
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 69: Salman Khan Enters Weekend Ka Vaar Episode In Dabangg Style
- Sports ISL 2019-20: FC Goa vs ATK: Goa rally past Kolkata to go top
- Technology How To Get Numeric Keypad In Windows
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
A recently published study has shown that coffee consumption of three or more cups per day halved the mortality rate among patients with hepatitis C and HIV infection.
Polyphenols and caffeine are known to have hepato-protective properties.
Previous research has shown that for people at risk of liver disease, coffee consumption associated with better liver function, less fibrosis, cirrhosis and liver cancer risk.
In the case of people with HIV, individuals with elevated coffee consumption have a reduced risk of insulin resistance and lower levels of liver enzymes.
The team found that drinking at least three cups of coffee daily was associated with a 50% reduction in an all-cause mortality rate.
They also suggested that those patients who cannot tolerate a high intake of caffeine should consider drinking a few cups of decaffeinated coffee a day.
The team is now probing on to find the benefits of coffee extracts and other anti-inflammatory compounds in patients co-infected with HIV and HCV.
Read this article further to find out the other best ways to prevent HIV.
1. Abstain From Sex :
Abstaining from sexual activity that can give you contact with someone's vaginal fluid, semen, etc., is the most effective way to avoid getting AIDS. This is one of the best ways to prevent HIV.
2. Or Practice Safe Sex:
Make sure to use an appropriate condom like latex or plastic each time you have an intercourse. This includes oral sex, intercourse or any other form of sexual acts.
3. Use A Water-based Lubricant:
It is recommended to use a water-based lubricant, instead of an oil-based one during sexual activity, as oil can weaken the condom.
4. Do Not Share Needles:
You must never share needles with anyone. This includes needles with illegal drug use and also during the use of prescription drugs at home. Never engage in any activity that puts you in contact with someone else's blood directly. This is one of the best tips to prevent HIV.
5. Avoid Sharing Personal Items:
Avoid sharing personal items like toothbrushes and razors, as they may contain traces of blood. Do not use an item if you're not certain of whether it has been used only by you or not.