Did you know that endometriosis may affect the normal course of pregnancy? From causing inflammation at the endometrium to resisting the action of the progesterone during implantation, there are ways how endometriosis can affect one.
In women with endometriosis, the lining of the uterus (womb), grows outside of the uterus and it causes a greater risk of complications during pregnancy and delivery.
The results revealed that the women with this condition were at a higher risk of pre-term birth, cesarean delivery and placenta previa.
This research was conducted by the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at the Thomas Jefferson University in the US. The research showed that endometriosis was associated with the birth of infants.
The researcher also suggested that it is important women with a history of endometriosis must be aware of this association between prior endometriosis, and pre-term birth.
In this article we have mentioned about the ways to prevent miscarriage risk for women with endometriosis. Read further to know how to prevent miscarriage with endometriosis.
1. Reduce Chemical Intake:
Chronic exposure to environmental chemicals, dioxins and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) is associated with an increased risk and severity of endometriosis.
2. Vegetables And Flax Seeds:
Consuming food sources containing flavones like celery, parsley, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, brussel sprouts and bok choy is recommended, as they contain indoles that improve oestrogen metabolism and prevent endometriosis.
3. Progesterone Cream:
Progesterone is known to slow down the growth of abnormal endometrial tissue. This is basically not considered as a cure but can reduce the pain during menstrual cycles and pain associated with the pelvic region.
4. Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
Omega-3 fatty acids are found in fish like salmon, mackerel, sardines, etc. Several studies have shown that omega-3 fatty acids may be beneficial for people with endometriosis. This is one of the best ways to prevent endometriosis.
5. Stress Reduction:
Prolonged stress can lead to elevations in the cortisol level, which can decrease the progesterone level in the body and lead to a hormonal imbalance. Thus, it is a must to reduce stress and go for mind relieving activities.
- What Causes Endometriosis?
- 10 Must-Follow Diet Tips To Fight Endometriosis
- Common Symptoms Of Endometriosis Pain
- Unusual Signs Of Endometriosis You Need To Know
- Women! Did You Know What Causes Endometriosis? Read To Find Out!
- Delayed Or Frequent Periods? You Might Be Suffering From One of These Problems
- Surprising Symptoms Of Endometriosis You Need To Know
- 8 Amazing Home Remedies For Endometriosis That Actually Work!
- Can Period Cramps Be A Symptom Of Endometriosis?
- International Women’s Day: 21 Burning Questions On Women’s Health Just Answered!
- 6 Reasons Why Your Positive Pregnancy Test is Wrong
- What Is A Missed Miscarriage?
- Why Avoid Raw Meat And Playing With Cats During Pregnancy?