- 9 min ago 5 Facts About Bougainville - The World's Newest Nation'
- 1 hr ago Cuteness Alert: Adorable Pandas Doing Funny Activities Will Make You Fall In Love With Them
- 1 hr ago Sania Mirza Keeps Her Jewellery Game Strong At Sister, Anam Mirza's Wedding Festivities
- 2 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Gives Fabulous Fashion Goals With Her Amazing Outfits
- News Name change pays electoral dividend to B S Yediyurappa
- Technology Jio Removes Rs. 49 JioPhone Recharge Plan, Base Plan Debuts At Rs. 75
- Finance Time To Be A Little Cautious On The Markets
- Movies Saath Nibhana Saathiya's Rucha Hasabnis Blessed With Baby Girl; Devoleena & Adaa Congratulate Her
- Sports UFC 245: Usman vs. Covington preview, fight card, India time and where to watch
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Private hospitals have been in the news lately and for all the wrong reasons. This time an infant in Nagpur became the victim of their negligence. The baby died a painful death due to overheating of the phototherapy machine which was being used as a part of his treatment.
The 10-day-old baby was born on 27 June in Quetta Colony in the city, and was kept under the phototherapy machine due to some complications followed by jaundice. The shocking part is that the nurse in charge of the equipment neglected the baby and dozed off. The baby was found dead in the machine on 7 July because the machine was left unattended for a long time, mentioned a Nagpur Today report.
Ten days post-birth, the infant was brought to the hospital for a routine check-up, as the doctor in the hospital suspected symptoms of jaundice and advised the parents to admit the child and give her phototherapy. By the time the child's parents woke up the nurse, it was too late to save the baby.
Nagpur Today spoke to the doctor in-charge at the hospital, who said, "The matter has been sorted out and there is no need to interfere. Baby's parents didn't file a complaint and I have nothing to say regarding this matter."
While it is no secret that certain doctors and private hospitals find a way to exploit patients or their family members monetarily, an incident like this is a result of callousness and sheer negligence.
In another incident in Kolkata recently, one hospital staff member had been accused of negligence, when he lost the severed finger of a chemical engineer just before his surgery and went to watch the India-New Zealand ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 match instead.