- 49 min ago Shenaz Treasury Diagnosed With Prosopagnosia; Know About The Condition That Causes 'Face Blindness'
- 1 hr ago July 2022: Auspicious Wedding Dates With Muhurat Timings
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 30 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 19 hrs ago 6 Tips To Reduce Hair Damage If You Use Straighteners Often
- Movies Pavithra Lokesh Files Police Complaint Against Culprits Who Created Her Fake Profiles on FB!
- News Maharashtra crisis: BJP in huddle to decide next course of action
- Education TS SSC Result Marks Memo 2022: How To Check TS Class 10 Grades And Telangana SSC Marks Memo 2022
- Finance Karnataka Bank Increases Interest Rate On Domestic, NRE Rupee Deposits: Check New Rates
- Sports India Playing 11 for 5th Test vs England Predicted: Focus on Rohit Sharma, Vihari, Ashwin
- Technology NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1630 Goes Official
- Automobiles Mahindra Scorpio N Vs Tata Safari: Specs Comparison
- Travel Simple Train Travel hacks For Comfortable Experience
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi attended the Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Awards Ceremony in Mumbai today. On this occasion, Prime Minister has conferred the 1st Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award.
This award, which has been instituted in memory of Bharat Ratna Lata Mangeshkar, will be given every year exclusively to one individual for an exemplary contribution to nation-building. Governor of Maharashtra Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari, Members of the Mangeshkar Family were among those present on the occasion.
The Prime Minister started by saying that though he does not have too deep a knowledge of music, by cultural appreciation it is felt that sangeet is both a 'sadhana' and an emotion. He continued and said the one that expresses the unexpressed is a 'word', the one that fills the expressed with energy and consciousness is a 'naad' and the one that fills conscious with emotions and feelings and takes it to the extreme of creation and sensitivity is 'sangeet'.
Music can fill you with valour and motherly affection. It can take one to the pinnacle of patriotism and a sense of duty.
"We are fortunate to have seen this capability and strength of music, in the form of Lata Didi", he said. On a personal note, Shri Modi said "For me, Lata Didi was the 'Sur Samragyi' as well as my elder sister. What can be a greater privilege than to have received the love of a sister from Lata Didi, who has given the gift of love and emotion to generations", he said.
Prime Minister said that he is generally not very comfortable with receiving awards but when the Mangeshkar Family calls with an award that carries the name of an elder sister like Lata Didi, then it becomes a symbol of her affection and love.
"It is not simply possible for me to say no to this. I dedicate this award to all the countrymen. As Lata Didi belonged to people, this award given to me in her name also belongs to people", the Prime Minister said.
The Prime Minister narrated many personal anecdotes and elaborated upon the immense contribution of Lata Didi to the cultural world. "Lata Ji's physical journey was completed at a time when our country is celebrating Amrit Mahotsav of its freedom. She gave voice to India before independence, and the country's journey of these 75 years was also associated with her voice", said the Prime Minister.
The Prime Minister talked about the strand of patriotism in the Mangeshkar family. He said "Along with the song, the consciousness of patriotism that was within Lata Didi, her father was the source of it'.
Shri Modi narrated the incident when a song written by Veer Savarkar was sung by Dinanath Ji in a program of the British Viceroy in Shimla during the freedom struggle. The song was written by Veer Savarkar challenging British rule. This feeling of patriotism was given in inheritance to his family by Deenanath Ji, said the Prime Minister. Lata Ji made music her worship but patriotism and national service also got inspiration through her songs.
Referring to the illustrious career of Lata Didi, the Prime Minister said "Lata Ji was like a melodious manifestation of 'Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat'. She sang thousands of songs in more than 30 languages. Whether it was Hindi, Marathi, Sanskrit or other Indian languages, her voice was equally at home everywhere".
Shri Modi continued "From culture to faith, from east to west, from north to south, Lata Ji's notes worked to unite the whole country. Globally too, she was India's cultural ambassador." She is ingrained in the minds of people in every state, in every region. She showed how music can be immortal with Indianness, said the Prime Minister. Prime Minister also touched upon the philanthropic works of the family.
The Prime Minister said for India, development means Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas , Sabka Vishwas and Sabka Prayas. This project also encompasses the philosophy of 'Vasudhaiv Kutumbakam' welfare of all.
The Prime Minister explained that such a notion of development cannot be achieved by just material capabilities. For this spiritual consciousness is critically important. That is why, India is providing leadership in areas like yoga, Ayurveda and the environment.
"I believe, our Indian music is also an important part of this contribution of India. Let us keep this heritage alive with the same values and carry it forward, and make it a medium of world peace", concluded the Prime Minister.
(Inputs from the PIB)
- wellnessPM Narendra Modi Interacts With Chief Ministers To Review The Covid-19 Situation
- wellnessWHO Director-General Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus On Three-Day Gujarat Visit
- kidsFull List: 29 Children Conferred Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2022 [Watch Video]
- kidsPrime Minister Narendra Modi To Interact With Rashtriya Bal Puraskar Awardees On January 24
- menPM Narendra Modi’s 71st Birthday: 70 Facts About Him That You May Not Know
- faith mysticismRam Mandir Bhoomi Poojan: PM Narendra Modi Lays Silver Brick, Calls It A Golden Day
- faith mysticismRam Mandir Bhoomi Pooja: What It Is, Rituals And Benefits Of Performing It
- fashion trendsAmid Coronavirus Pandemic, Prime Minister Narendra Modi Masks Have Gained Popularity
- lifeMann Ki Baat Highlights: PM Modi Says India’s Fight Against COVID-19 Is People-Driven
- healthLockdown Extended: Top 10 Points from PM Narendra Modi Speech on April 14
- bollywood wardrobeSonakshi Sinha Warns Curfew Violators With Her Fierce Look In An All-Black Attire And Gun
- bollywood wardrobeGudi Padwa And Ugadi 2020: Bollywood Divas-Inspired Fashion Ideas For Stay-At-Home Celebrations