- 20 min ago Christmas 2022: Cool And Thoughtful Gifts For Teenagers
- 50 min ago How To Make Healthy No Jaggery Modak Sweet Recipe
- 4 hrs ago Exclusive: Influenza Vaccination Week 2022: Expert Explains What It Is About And Which Vaccine To Prefer
- 8 hrs ago Characteristics Of Unhealthy And Healthy Relationships
- Sports Karnataka all set to host National Roller Sports Championship 2022
- Finance Equity Mutual Funds' Inflow Drops 76 Pc, To Rs 2,258 Cr In Nov
- Travel Pro Tips To Save More On A Winter Vacation Nobody Knows
- Automobiles Lamborghini Huracan Sterrato Launched at Rs 4.61 Crore - Lunatic Limited Run Goodbye
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: MC Stan To Walk Out Of Salman Khan’s Show?
- Education JKBOSE Result 2022: JKBOSE 12th Result Announced; Check Details Here
- News Congress Himachal MLAs to decide next CM today: Here are contenders for the top job
- Technology SpaceX DearMoon Civilian Moon Trip To Ferry These Eight Global Artists
In today's society, where people love splurging their entire savings on weddings, a Tamilian techie has proved to the world that some dreams for the welfare of the poor are more essential than spending huge amounts on an extravagant wedding.
Image Credit: Newsindianexpress
P Chandrasekaran, 31, a techie, used the money he had saved for his wedding to fulfil a long-standing need for the community by laying a concrete road in his village, Vanur situated in the Villupuram district of Tamil Nadu. No matter the outcome, Chandrasekaran is content with his choice.
Chandrasekaran, a senior technical lead at HCL Technologies Limited in Chennai, was planning to get married on September 1. He had been saving for his big day for two years. But after seeing the plight of the villagers in Nallavur due to the road's pathetic state, he chose to put the money toward constructing a concrete road there instead.
The concrete pavement had been put down some twenty-five years before. Residents were left wondering if the road would ever be re-carpeted after it was entirely destroyed. They had been having a difficult time as commuting was nearly impossible.
Chandrasekaran claims that the authorities have repeatedly ignored his requests to fund the road's reconstruction. It was then that he decided to use the money he had set aside for his wedding to pave the road.
In January, Chandrasekaran asked the authorisation to lay the road from the Block Development Office in Vanur as part of the Namakku Naamescheme to improve public services in residential areas.
The techie said that at first, he was told that he would be responsible for half of the project budget and it would be billed when the construction work ends. However, when Goods and Services Tax (GST) and other "bureaucratic barriers" were deducted, the remaining revenue was not enough for road maintenance. Therefore, at last, he had to pay the entire amount as he was not a registered contractor with the government.
He added that his parents, S. Perumal and P. Lakshmi, were concerned about their son's plan to lay the road as they did not want to face the anger of local politicians. Anyway, Chandrasekaran managed to persuade them and went to the district administration to request permission to begin the job.
Chandrasekaran's acquaintance in the Villupuram District Collectorate assisted him in securing the necessary paperwork to begin work on the project with the full support of the Namakku Naame programme. Starting in March, it took a month to lay the 290-meter concrete road.
- love and romanceClandestine Savings Account Make Men Feel Superior
- menPelé Biography: Know About Brazilian Football Legend's Early Life, Career, Family And Achievements
- menInternational Men’s Day 2022: 6 Must-Have Classic Outfits In Men’s Wardrobe
- menInternational Men's Day 2022 Date, Theme, History, Significance and Why it is Celebrated
- insyncInternational Men's Day 2022: Unique Gift Ideas ForHim
- bollywood wardrobeRanveer Singh’s Ultimate Style Guide To Ace Floral Print For Men
- menVarun Dhawan To Anil Kapoor, 8 Ethnic Outfits Guide From B-Town Men To Look Dapper This Diwali
- menNecktie Day: From Status Symbol To Fashion Accessory - Journey Of A Tie
- disorders cureBreast Cancer Awareness Month: What Are The Warning Signs Of Breast Cancer In Men?
- menHappy Birthday Ranbir Kapoor: Guide To Ace Ranbir’s Signature Style
- menLal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti 2022: Inspirational Quotes By The Former Prime Minister Of India
- menAayush Sharma Walks The Ramp For Pillars Of Humanity