- 10 hrs ago Padma Awards 2022 Winners: Complete List Of Recipients Of The Prestigious Government Honour
- 12 hrs ago Expert Opinion: Mental Health And Behavioural Issues In Female Victims Of Violence Or Sexual Assault
- 21 hrs ago Pisces Horoscope 2022: Yearly Astrological Predictions About Life, Love, Career, Health And More
- 22 hrs ago Neglected Infectious Diseases May Be Tomorrow's Pandemic: Bharat Biotech Chief Dr Krishna Ella
- Technology Amazon Accessories Days Sale: Discount Offers On Headphones, Data Cards, Hard disk, Mouse, And More
- News Tatas take first step in Air India, to introduce ‘enhanced meal service’ in 4 flights on Thu
- Movies Melody Song Of The Year From Mahesh Babu’s Sarkaru Vaari Paata Will Be Out On February 14
- Sports India ODI, T20I Squads Against WI: Rohit to lead, Kuldeep, Bishnoi in; Bumrah, Shami rested, Ashwin dropped
- Finance Motilal Oswal Recommends To Buy This Technology Stock For 29% Return
- Automobiles Tork Kratos & Kratos R Electric Motorcycles Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.07 Lakh
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
It is a relationship that developed over the years, where the protagonists meet only every Christmas Eve and very briefly at that, as one of them always has to rush off to work. In "When Harry met Santa..." — a nod to the 1989 romantic comedy "When Harry met Sally..." starring Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan — a romance blossoms between a man called Harry and Santa Claus.
This year's Christmas campaign by Norway's state-owned postal service, Posten, aims not only to mark the 50th anniversary of the decriminalization of homosexuality in Norway, but also underscores Posten's commitment to a diverse workplace.
In the nearly four-minute ad, Harry bumps into Santa Claus delivering gifts to his home one year. They lock eyes and there is an immediate attraction between them. A bond grows between the two over several Christmases, but their encounters are always fleeting, as Santa has a tight deadline to deliver gifts. That is, until he enlists Posten's services to help with the deliveries, leaving the two more time together, so they can finally kiss in the last scene.
The spot ends with the message: "In 2022, it will have been 50 years since it became legal in Norway to love whoever you want."
"Diversity is important for Posten, and truly a matter of the heart," Monica Solberg, marketing director at Posten, told news magazine LGBTQ Nation. "Everyone should feel welcome, seen, heard, and included. This year's Christmas ad embraces this."
"And what better way to follow up last year's angry Santa than with pure love this year?" added Solberg, referring to last year's "Angry White Man" Santa advertisement by the postal service, which was a sly dig at former US President Donald Trump.
The ad portrayed Santa as a climate change denier, dismissing rising temperatures at the North Pole as "completely natural." Solberg pointed out that Posten was creating a new tradition by commenting on current events through their Christmas campaigns.
Take a look at the ad here:
Positive reactions — with some concern for Mrs Claus
Not surprisingly, the ad has been trending on Twitter, with overwhelmingly positive reactions for its core messages of freedom to love and inclusivity at the workplace, with teary-eyed emojis or crying memes accompanying some tweets.
One person tweeted: "This is our new favorite rom-com."
Among those who commented publicly was former US ambassador to Denmark Rufus Gifford, who is gay.
"Oh man I love Scandinavia. Imagine if the US Post Office put out an ad like this," he tweeted.
Others had more tongue-in-cheek reactions with one Twitter user saying, "Okay no big deal if Santa likes guys. But stepping out on Mrs Claus. Christmas is cancelled in the North Pole. Haha!"
Edited by: Elizabeth Grenier
- wellnessHoliday Depression: 7 Tips On How To Beat The Holiday Blues
- bollywood wardrobeChristmas 2021: Rhea, Sara, Alia, Kiara At Their Fashionable Best For This Christmas
- fashion trendsDazzling And Sparkling Jewellery For Making Your Festive Season Merrier
- improvementChristmas 2021: How To Prepare For Perfect Christmas Dinner And Traditions Amid COVID-19 And Omicron
- wellnessHoliday Season Is Here! Tips To Stay Healthy Between Christmas And New Year's
- decor5 Easy Christmas Home Decoration Ideas By Interior Design Expert
- offer of the dayAmazon Sale 2021: Best Deals On Christmas Essentials, Bakeware Set, Accessories
- wellnessHeart-Healthy Tips And Expert Suggestions To Enjoy This Holiday Season
- skin care6 Christmas Beauty Tips To Keep You Glowing This Holiday Season!
- healthOmicron: Delhi Govt To Clamp Restrictions In View Of Christmas, New Year If Need Be
- faith mysticismSt. Nicholas Day: Story Behind The Saint Putting Candy In Children's Boots And Inspiring Santa Claus
- festivalsDecember Festivals 2021: Not Just Christmas, Here Is A List Of Auspicious Days In The Month