- 8 hrs ago Low Calorie Quick Vegetarian Recipe: How To Make Cabbage Soup
- 11 hrs ago Tired Of Hair Loss? Here Are Some Tips And Home Remedies To Naturally Regrow Your Hair
- 13 hrs ago 106 Deaths In Delhi In January Due To Cold, Claims NGO; Officials Deny
- 13 hrs ago Kalashtami January 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals And Significance
- News Neglected infectious diseases may be tomorrow's pandemic: Bharat Biotech chairman
- Finance 2 Small Cap Stocks Where FIIs Raised Stake By Up To 34.81% In December Qtr.
- Movies Anuradha Paudwal And Sadhana Sargam Grace Zee TV’s Sa Re Ga Ma Pa As Special Guests
- Sports PKL 2021-22: Mohit, Sombir star as Puneri Paltan make light work of Naveen-less Dabang Delhi
- Automobiles Volkswagen Tiguan Deliveries Commence In India: Prices Start From Rs 31.99 Lakh
- Education NBEMS FDST Admit Card 2022 Released At nbe.edu.in, Here’s How To Download Hall Ticket
- Technology Oppo Watch Free Listed On Official Site In India; Launching Alongside Reno7 Series On Feb 4?
- Travel National Tourism Day 2022: Explore North India By Train
If you think June is all about summers then probably you haven't heard about the 'Pride Month'! Yes, you read that right. The arrival of June not only brings sunny days but also the season of love. People belonging to the LGBTQIA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and/or Questioning, Intersex, and Asexual and/or Ally plus any other) community come together to celebrate Pride Month in June. The entire month is observed as an affirmation of love, equality, dignity, and the visibility of gay, lesbian, transgender, asexual people and much more.
The reason why June is seen as the Pride Month is to commemorate the Stonewall Riots that took place in June 1969. The riots were a series of protests and demonstrations that took place after police raided the Stonewall Inn (USA). The pub was a place for gay and lesbian people. The raid agitated the people belonging to LGBTQ community.
Various functions and cultural events are organised to celebrate this month. The reason why this is known as Pride Month is to oppose the stigma and shame people often associate with those who belong to the LGBTQIA+ community.
While people across the world are already cheering to observe this day, we are here with some quotes, wishes and messages. You can share these with people around you and spread the message of love. Read on.
1. "Pride Month is here and so we can't keep calm! Let's celebrate love and eradicate discrimination on the basis of gender and sexual orientation."
2. "Happy Pride Month! Let us understand that love is love even if it comes in different forms."
3. "God made all us different to make us proud of who we are. Happy Pride Month!"
4. "It takes courage to stand up for who you are. Flaunt your true identity and feel proud of it. Warm wishes on Pride Month!"
5. "Let us celebrate Pride Month proudly because the world is equally ours. We are as normal as the rest of you."
6. "Enjoy being who you are irrespective of your gender. Happy Pride Month."
7. "This Pride Month, stand up for what feels right. Even if you have to stand alone, don't give up."
8. "If you think marriage is about gender, then you are probably wrong. Marriage is all about love. Hope you enjoy Pride Month by celebrating love."
9. "If being bisexual, transgender or homosexual is a choice, then what made you choose being straight?"
10. "If you think I'll change just because you do not approve of who I am, then it is never going to happen. By the way, Happy Pride Month."
- bollywood wardrobeCelebrating Pride: Monica Dogra From ALTBalaji's The Married Woman Gives Styling Tips To Ace This Month!
- lgbtqKubbra Sait: The LGBTQIA Community Deserves Unanimous Support; Homophobia Is A State Of Mind
- lgbtqPride Month 2020: Know The Reason Behind Its Celebration In The Month Of June
- women fashionCelebrate Pride Month With These Stunning Rainbow Nail Art Designs
- lgbtqNamma Pride 2019: The Pride March Of Celebration And Acceptance
- beyond loveTo All The Pride People, We Are Proud Of You And The Way You Portray Love
- avoiding vulgarityThirukkural-On Wealth-Avoidance Of Faults-Kural-432
- renunciationTirukkural-On Virtue-The Renunciation-Kural 346
- anecdotesThe Difference Between A Little Man And A Man Of Tao
- pulseBoost Your Individual Success With Pride
- festivalsJune 2021: List Of Indian Festivals Falling This Month
- fashion trendsICW 2021: Gaurav Gupta’s Take On Inclusivity And Love, Matters And His Clothes Are A Celebration Of Fluidity